Dresden Files - Wizard Staff Replica

Basically you just punch the sets of 3 holes and then make several passes with thread to hold down both sides of the loop. This holds the shield down but it has some give and can hang to a degree. I was just going to make the bracelet "clasp" with a snap. I've wanted to make one of these for ages, so if you'd like I could do it for you. I've been doing leather work for years. Send me a PM if you'd like to discuss it.

Also, where on the magickal cat site did you get the charms? I can't find them there or on ebay. The only place I had found before was a UK site that wanted 8 pounds a piece and wouldn't combine shipping. The total came out to somewhere around $200.

I might take you up on that for the bracelet! Do you have any suggestions on how to wrap the handle of the staff? I saw some leather bike handle grip material that seemed ideal, but is pretty expensive.

I might have cleaned the Magickal Site out when I ordered mine. I had to buy some from there and a couple from eBay. Here are a couple of sites with them.

Amazon.com: Medieval "Against Mental Troubles" Talisman Charm Amulet on a Leather Thong: Everything Else

Charm to Aid against Mental Troubles and Bad Habits - Jewels of Atum Ra in Egyptian

That's just evil when a place won't combine shipping, especially on items that small. Amazon is becoming notorious for that crap. I don't see why these things are so expensive really, you could find so many things that are similar/made the same way for pennies.

I'm no expert on wrapping, but I'm sure if you bought some leather that looked good on ebay you could cut strips and wrap it on there. Maybe a couple drops of glue to hold it?

I went out to my local leather shop and got some leather strips. I might need to go back and get some longer strips, not sure. It entirely depends on how I want to do the wrapping it seems. In the below pics, I've done where it has no overlap and just touches it's side in the wrapping. It's just wrapped with no glue or attachment at the moment. At the lengths I have right now, I can overlap just a little, but if I'm going to overlap by half the width then I'm going to need to get more. I might even try going back and getting width of 1.5" and a little longer so I can get some good overlapping.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got some more leather, a little wider, so I can have overlap on it. I think this looks better with the overlapping rather than meeting edge to edge. I think I'm going to go with this and glue it down this weekend and trim the extra leather at the ends off.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back