Project sealab

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is not an interest or for sale thread - that will come later (soonish). This is an information gathering thread. I have a Sealab. Mike Salzo has excellent molding and casting skills. Everyone needs Sealab bits for their builds.

So what are the parts needed for which models? Lets put our heads together and identify what is needed from a Sealab to make a model!

Escape Pod
2&3 (x4)
44 (x4)

Blockade Runner
2&3

2' Death Star Tiles
part 27 a/b (x25)
part 45 (x7)
part 46 (x4)
part 61 (2?)
part 61a (x5 or 7?)
part 62 (x2)
part 71 (x1)?
part 74 (x11)
part 76 (x1)
part 83 (x1)

Sandcrawler
1 A x 1
2 A x 1
3 A x 1
4 A x 1
2 x 1
3 x 1
4 x 1
7 x 1
12 x 1
13 x 1
26 x 10
29 x 1
29 A x 1
40 x 1
42 x 3
67 x 1
69 B x 1
71 x 1
77 x 1

5 foot Millennium Falcon
1 (x2)
4 (x14)
1, 2, 3, or 4 (Struts only. A total of 20 struts are needed. 16 of them can be cut off from 1 and 4 above.)
11 (x8)
12 (x2)
23 (x4)
24 (x10)
25 (x1)
26 (x2)
33 (x8)
41 (x4)
45 (x1)
56 (x11)
65 (x3)
70 (x1)
71 (x1)
78 (x8)
79 (x8)
84 (x1)

Turbo laser
40 x 1
41 x 1
65 x 1
71 x 2

X-Wing
83 (Clear) (x2)
19 (x2)
21 (x2)
18 (x2)
39 (x4)
62 (x4)
45 (x2?)
13 (x2)
78 (x2)
79 (x2)
9 (x4)

Colonial Movers
26 (x4)

Battlestar Galactica
53 (x4)
74 (x1)

ANH Star Destroyer
11 x 9
45 x 1

etcetera...

Reply here with the parts you know, and I will update the list above! Here's a cheat sheet: Aurora Sealab III

Replace wonky parts in your pre-existing kits! Build the models you can't afford to build if you were to buy the eleventy Sealabs necessary! Get girls to like you!

Last edited:
Jason, could you (finally someone) provide us with some good scans of this kit. I've been working from those same ebay shots and instructions for the longest time.

Hi Jason,

Please add 5 foot MF and Turbo laser on the model list.:)

thanks Eric.

This is not an interest or for sale thread - that will come later (soonish). This is an information gathering thread. I have a Sealab. Mike Salzo has excellent molding and casting skills. Everyone needs Sealab bits for their builds.

So what are the parts needed for which models? Lets put our heads together and identify what is needed from a Sealab to make a model!

Escape Pod

Blockade Runner

Sandcrawler

X-Wing

Colonial Movers

etcetera...

Reply here with the parts you know, and I will update the list above! Here's a cheat sheet: Aurora Sealab III

Replace wonky parts in your pre-existing kits! Build the models you can't afford to build if you were to buy the eleventy Sealabs necessary! Get girls to like you!

Q, I will do that next week (talking a long weekend!) for sure!

Eric, thanks, added! Can you give part numbers?

As Beaz mentioned in another thread just now, we're gonna need specifics, and multiples, per design.

I too think it makes sense to group these into model-specific packs. So someone building a ______ can get a one-stop-shop purchase of all the parts they need.

But for now - let's ID, with part numbers and quantity!

Jason,

I will check the number used on my SC and Turbo laser for this weekend :)
For my SC, I still need some casting part of sealab.

thanks Eric.

Q, I will do that next week (talking a long weekend!) for sure!

Eric, thanks, added! Can you give part numbers?

As Beaz mentioned in another thread just now, we're gonna need specifics, and multiples, per design.

I too think it makes sense to group these into model-specific packs. So someone building a ______ can get a one-stop-shop purchase of all the parts they need.

But for now - let's ID, with part numbers and quantity!

Thank you sir!

Just reply in this thread when you do, fellas, and I will update the first post accordingly!

I acquired some one-piece molds for many of the parts some time ago, and don't really want to be in the casting biz, so I could offer them for some sort of future consideration. I'll dig 'em out and take some pics if you like.

Last edited:
These are the parts I know of....may be slightly off.

Red 5 X-Wing -
83 (Clear) (x2 ???)
39 (x4)
19 (x2)
21 (x2)
45 (x4)
13 (x4)

Last edited:
Hi Jason,

This would be such a useful thing to do, thanks! - got loads of parts identified for the 5' Falcon, but as already asked, a proper set of sprue images would made cross referecning the required bits so much easier.

Cheers
Nick

This is off the top of my head, but for the Galactica you need:

• 74 (?)

For the ANH Imperial Cruiser, don't forget:

Thanks for doing this guys! :D

You would ask that. . . LOL!

For the Imperial Cruiser, there are three of part #11 for each engine for a total of 9. For the Galactica, I think it's (4) of #53 and (1) of #74.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back