Project sealab

This is great Jason. Exactly the kind of side projects I hope to see.
It will enable modelers to build & take pressure off expensive kits that most people just can't afford.
Add 4 x the long hoses for the Escape Pod.
Not sure of the number as am not home.
I'll be up for sets thats for sure.

I can't believe this hasn't been done already!!!

I know that if I'd got a sealab, moulding all the components would be the first thing I'd do!!!!

Just for completeness I thought I'd add the components for the 2' low altitude Death Star modules (not that they're as exciting as all those space ships )

I haven't done mapping module 3 yet but I don't think it uses sealab parts.

part 27 a/b (x25)
part 45 (x7)
part 46 (x4)
part 61 (2?)
part 61a (x5 or 7?)
part 62 (x2)
part 71 (x1)?
part 74 (x11)
part 76 (x1)
part 83 (x1)

Hope that's useful to someone else other than me!!

minifig

minifig,

I for one think the Death Star tiles are more exciting than any number of other subjects, and we're fortunate that someone like you has taken such a keen interest in replicating them so faithfully.

Sir J,

Kit checked, and that's a definitive "no" on part #20 for the X-Wing.

Jason,

The followings are used on Sandcrawler.

1 A x 1
2 A x 1
3 A x 1
4 A x 1
2 x 1
3 x 1
4 x 1
7 x 1
12 x 1
13 x 1
26 x 10
29 x 1
29 A x 1
40 x 1
42 x 3
67 x 1
69 B x 1
71 x 1
77 x 1

thanks Eric.

Holy crap! I am glad I thought of this, lol!

Will update the thread when I'm not on an iPhone.

Tomorrow-ish. Thanks guys!!

Great idea Jason, SS specific Sealab parts sets. If this happens count me in mate!.
It's ideas like this & members willing to contribute to the SS community that just make this a great site to belong.
Still, I dream of coming across a Sealab in my lifetime, may happen, may not, but this is a lifeline.
Cheers
Stu

I know the sealab goes for silly money and so is an obvious choice, but I'm surprised other rare/discontinued kits aren't moulded.

You do realise though Jason that as soon as you organise moulding the sealab, Moebius will re-release it for £15 ;o)

minifig

I've talked to Round 2, Moebius, and Monarch. The molds are gone, and none of those companies thought it was viable to redo from scratch ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back