Halo MA37 from cardboard (pic heavy)

marshon

I thought I'd post a few pics of the construction of an MA37 assault rifle from Halo Reach. this one was for a commission.

Here's the finished rifle:

ma37_halo_ar_completed_02_by_marshon-d3h681u.jpg

and here are a few of the WIP images:

ma37_wip_03_by_marshon-d3gfqzy.jpg

ma37_wip_05_by_marshon-d3gfr57.jpg

ma37_wip_14_by_marshon-d3gk9qu.jpg

ma37_wip_15_by_marshon-d3go9lc.jpg

ma37_wip_21_by_marshon-d3gt639.jpg

ma37_wip_23_by_marshon-d3gvjr5.jpg

ma37_wip_27_by_marshon-d3gzmsl.jpg

ma37_wip_31_by_marshon-d3h0x69.jpg

ma37_wip_34_by_marshon-d3h4ybg.jpg

ma37_wip_39_by_marshon-d3h5pxd.jpg

ma37_wip_41_by_marshon-d3h5q5d.jpg

Hope you like it?

Hahahahahahaha you made THAT out of cardboard! I dont want to see what you would make out of resin or a lathe. You have some pure talent sir. Well done.(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

As one who uses cardboard as well for project, it puts a smile on my face to see others using this material.

Your weathering job is fantastic, really adds a fantastic feel of realism and weight to the piece - job well done!

Like others, I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with some rigid materials and shop tools. The idea that this is foam and cardboard is staggering!

That looks amazing! Wish I could make something that looked half as good. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup

I came in here, thinking I'd get a good laugh at another terrible cardboard prop, but wow! This is a fantastic piece! Very nicely done.

this looks sick (in the good way)

looking through your progress shots i'm assuming the brightly colored stuff is those thin sheets of EVA craft foam. Just curious about those, how did you carve/stamp the textures into them, like on the grip, or the base of the barrel where it attaches to the rest of the gun?

this looks sick (in the good way)

looking through your progress shots i'm assuming the brightly colored stuff is those thin sheets of EVA craft foam. Just curious about those, how did you carve/stamp the textures into them, like on the grip, or the base of the barrel where it attaches to the rest of the gun?

Yes they are craft foam sheets. Using a soldering iron with a pointed tip you can 'engrave' them before you glue them on.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back