Assassin's Creed Costume

Alright. Tons of Pictures for you. All in all a rather disappointing night but it's my first time trying something like this and these steps don't cost as much to try again. My main concern is propane prices. Here's what I've got for you. First up is three pictures of the three molds in the order that I described them in my last post. As you can see the corner of the first one broke and i had to try to rejoin it. The 2nd one I patched the cracks with plaster. Hoping that will work. And the 3rd one I obviously broke a larger hole into. Next up is a picture of the first mold, the one with the broken corner after a very poor pour :lol The plaster started smoking like none other immediately after the aluminum hit it. We couldn't see where we were pouring and backed off. Then reheated the aluminum and came back in and tried to fill in the gaps. but most of the aluminum ended up flowing out cause it wasn't perfectly level. We later found out that there was a huge air bubble in the center of our mold :( We were able to pour the 3rd mold too. I should of broken it open more. The mold had all kinds of air left in it. It looked like it was full but I suppose it wasn't. This one actually caught on fire. We were all ready to pour the third mold when suddenly we realized there was a hole in the bottom of our crucible. No fun there :( The last few pictures are of all the steps through and then ends with my two failed attempts at the aluminum casting in the order that I described them.

There is good news of today and that's that the plaster mold smashed quite well as it was supposed to :lol

I'm just going to need to make some more plaster molds. I want a lot of them so I can do several melts in a row to conserve gas. Which means I am going to need to sink more money into this project. The good news is that if it works then I'll have several of these belt pieces to sell and I've finally been cleared so that I can ask the following.

Is anyone interested in buying this piece once I've got the process down pat and am pumping out perfect castings each time?

Last edited:
Hi i know this thread is old :confused and that you (the owner) will probably never seen this but i was wondering if you could give me intimate details of the upper part of your costume as it is incredible and i would like to replicate this master piece please contact me findlaym12@wellington-college.school.nz if you have time this would be greatly appretiated :)

I am looking at making my own costume also. I currently have tabs open for bigduckcanvas.com and I'm looking at their denier material because it looks like the correct material that would be used for such clothing.

- - - Updated - - -

For leather, I am looking at theleatherguy.org. Also, I just noticed that this is almost a 6 year old feed...

- - - Updated - - -

I went through this feed and couldn't see any designs/drawings for how to cut and make the cloak. It could be that no links and images are showing up, but I would much appreciate if somebody could point me in the direction of a pattern I can use.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back