Assassin's Creed Costume

I'll definitely check that link out. Thank you.

Have you ever tried a wig cap to keep down your hair?

Originally I had it more curved like that and it ended up being fairly pointed on the top which was why I made it less curved. I guess I just didn't make it big enough to begin with..

Alright. I made the hood and it looks like it will provide the correct look if i can get it to hold it's shape. It is sagging quite a bit more than the last one but I have yet to line it. I don't want to line it until I know that it is going to fit just right. Any ideas for a temporary backing besides cardboard or paper?

You could try interfacing, either the kind you iron-on or not but you can get some pretty heavy duty types and it will help hold its shape definitely. You can stitch it in/iron it later too.

I have interfacing that I plan on using to help it hold it's shape. The problem is that I want something that i can test with real quick and make sure I sewed everything correctly to give it the proper shape. Then I can remove the temporary and iron on the real interfacing.

Alright. So my last post is mute now because I decide to just go with it. I haven't really gotten much done. I had to leave town for my college orientation. I made the new hood and I put the piece of the over tunic on that I made. Once i have the red belt wrapped around it should look like one piece. I'm gonna try and sew down the lapels tomorrow and get some work done on the sleeves. I'll need to buy some more fabric before I can do too much more. Here are some pictures of where I am now. All comments are welcome. I'll gladly take any advice.

Alright. So the sleeves were far harder to sew then I thought they would be. So I haven't gotten as much done as I would like. I've finished the sleeves and the lapels. Basically all upper tunic details. All I have left is the button on the black inner lapel, along with the lace that goes on the inside of that piece. (Any ideas on where I can find something like that? Might just need to fold some ribbon or something.) Then I have the red part of the belt. I have the length of satin for that but I'm not sure how I should sew it together. Should I just sew it on the tunic or sew it as a belt to slip on? Velcro maybe? Then I just have those sash like things that hang down and the red trim on the bottom. Should be able to knock those out fairly easily. I'm going to have a take a small break though to get some college stuff done and let my finger heal. I accidentally sent the sewing needle through the nail :/

Btw. Do you guys have any idea for dimensions on the cape. I've got some material left over but I'm not sure it's wide enough to make the cape.

Last edited:
ACB Fabric "Done" on to Metal work

Alright. So no one has really replied to this thread in a while. I'm kinda just talking to myself I suppose :p

Still need advice on cape dimensions.

Other than that the fabric work is now done. Please let me know if you noticed any details that I missed. I tried to make it as accurate as possible and I will make any adjustments that I can if I can. This was my first big sewing project so you can forgive me if I.. suck :lol Also the pants are made of the same material as the rest of the suit, but they don't exactly fit my dummy that has no legs.

I'm on to metal work. My plan is to sculpt them in clay then sand cast them in aluminum and refine them with a dremel. And idea or suggestions will be appreciated as I haven't really done much sculpting either. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll have sparked some interest in this thread again and will have a sculpt of the belt. Wish me luck..

does anyone have any ideas on how to make a altair short blade? please, i need one for the cheap, wood preferably but i'm not picky

You'd need wood, a bandsaw, a beltsander (or a lot of patience), and a dremel or chisels. Perhaps some talent with whittling. Then you'd need spray paint. Fev uses aluminum powder to give it a really nice look if you've ever worked with that. If you go spray paint make sure to lay down a primer base coat or the grain will show through the silver.

Here's a link to fev's page about it
Props by fev - Altar cosplay project - Swords & daggers

Hi Burn, I wish i had something useful to contribute since you had asked, but I'm not much of a seamstress, and tend to hit n' miss my way to success ^^; Here's a couple random bits i can toss into the mix though :)

Found out a day or so ago from a friend about using "stabilizer", which helps reduce the curling along the edges of the outfit from the fabric stretching when you run it though the machine. Since you're using a zig zap pattern, she recommended water soluble stabilizer that can be dissolved, but it you're doing a straight stitch, you can use wax paper that you can easily tear off, to help prevent that annoying curling :)

With the red belt, I made a cumberbun looking thing, and hooked it on with bra strap looking loops to make it easier to put on (vs. wrapping it on). Sorry its a bit vague, but i cannot remember official terms to save myself ^^;

I also like to add an layer of interfacing into the inside and an inner layer oof tunics and well... just about everything outside of the cape (and interfacing if the layers are thin) to give it more "body" and weight, which I feel adds to the realism of an outfit.

if you wanna see some epic sewing info and such, check out my friend Cathy's facebook page.. she has a WEALTH of information, and insane skills to boot!
https://www.facebook.com/gstqfashions

Vincent, you can alternately use a saw, some files (they're faster than you think!) glue, and sandpaper! I just happen to have more equipment around and such, but its not absolutely necessary. Poplar is a lil' soft, but doesn't have the ultra distinct grain that say, Red oak has. and its easy to carve up, and its pretty even in terms of hardness (like, pine will give you waves if you hand sand w/o a sanding block)
you can find 1/2" craft planks at Lowe's & Home depot for a relatively decent price!

hen finishing, you can prime it, spray it with a silver (or paint it with siiver acrylic paint), then go in with some black and do a lil' weathering. I really Rustoleum hammered metal spray, with powder rubbed on (since i happened to have powder). but the powdder isn't necessary! Its nothing more than personal preference :)

I'll always recommend getting a Dremel tool (you'll find a millikon uses for that thing!). don't bother with rechargeable ones, get the corded ones!

Thanks Fev.

I've got interfacing in quite a bit of the outfit and double layered in several places. I tried to pick a heavier more substantial fabric to start out with and make my life easier. It's the sew classics black target from Joanne's if that means anything to you :p 100% cotton to give it a chance of being more period accurate. It feels a little rougher to the the touch helped me pretend it was accurate :p The red is a polyester satin. I didn't really know what to do with this one. So I just looked for the closest satiny color match without it being too shiny. It was a pain to work with and I basically did interfacing on of of the red parts to try and make it easier to work with. I wish I'd thought of wax paper before hand. Might've made sewing that quite a bit easier but I think it turned out alright. Something to keep in mind when I later try to make the AC2 costume.
The cumberbun thing is a good idea. I'll look into that., and I'll definitely take a look at ur friends page. I remember you mentioning God Save the Queen Fashions a few times on ur Facebook but I never got around to looking at it.

My brother bought a dremel a few years back that I think I've used more than he ever has. It's an awesome tool. Definitely worth the investment. You might be able to find one at a thrift store for a good price.

I'm afraid I haven't made as much progress on this crest as I would have liked. I'm being painfully slow with it trying to make it right and guess how it's shaped by the reference picture I'm using. I assumed the height of it to be about 6 3/4" based on a scale comparison of the reference pictures to my costume. I'm keeping the clay moist so it wont dry out on me. The swirls were a pain to try and make without the clay cracking so I decided to cut out a few on either side so that they could be a little fatter. I have to give you serious props for yours fev. Especially the "wheat" I don't know how you were able to put such detail into that. I'll upload the picture that I've got so far. The picture isn't that great but I'm using my phone so I can't complain too much. Feel free to critique.

Btw. A little worried about the sand molding process for this. I'm worried the clay might crack when I'm pressing the mold and then I'd be in a world of hurt. I either need to make a high detail mold of it so if my clay breaks I can just pour my self a back up. Or I need to make a mold that I could use instead of the sand meaning it would need to hold up to some serious temperatures. Any ideas guys?

'm using super sculpey for mine, it can be baked and sanded, drilled, rebaked etclalala.. best of all, it doesn't crack like mad when you're initially sculpting with it. Instead of sand molding (are you doing this in metal? ) I'm using smooth on's mold max 30, which you can get multiple pulls from if done right!

I'll be honest in that i have no clue in regards to high temp casting (ie. metals and such).. mine just look the part ^^;

It's my hope to be able to cast it in aluminum. I'd really like to try and make a permanent mold for it so that I could cast several of these to maybe get back some of the cash I've put into this project. But honestly I want to make them out of aluminum cause I just made an aluminum foundry and haven't gotten the chance to really make anything with it since my first version of the hidden blades fell apart. I simply didn't have the means to build what I had designed. At least I found out that my blueprints would work if I sent them off to a machine shop. But that'd be more money that I'd wanna spend so I'm on to version two which doesn't actually require my aluminum foundry. Thus I have the ability to melt aluminum but no reason to melt it.

Alright guys. Sculpting is finally done. Take a look and tell me what you think. Any changes I should make etc. I need to finalize it so I can start molding. I still haven't ordered or bought any silicon or rubber mold material. I'm trying to find something cheaper that still holds higher detail and can pour hot wax into multiple times. Ideas?

Update. I fixed the left curl thingy so it looks better and straightened out a few lines. Now I just have to pray it drys well. Okay.. Well I have to pray I'm able to fix all the cracks that are showing up... :(

Last edited:
And so the record keeping continues. Fired my sculpture the other day. It cracked and broke like none other. A whole day of straight work with wood putty, super glue, and sand paper later and I was almost done. Btw, nail polish remover, Vaseline, and gasoline are all apparently viable options for the removal of super glue from various surfaces. Here's a cool tip btw. When you put a drop of super glue on wood putty the putty immediately hardens which worked great for repairing the chipped tips of my leaves and hooks. After all that was done I sprayed it with a layer of crystal clear enamel spray paint to seal it. It doesn't feel nearly as fragile as it did before but moving it still terrifies me. I then made my journey to pick up some Moldmax 30 like Fev uses. The person there recommended PMC 121/30 I didn't really know what I was doing so I took her advice. The one to one ratio seemed easier that way anyway. That stuff is messy as all get out though. Incredibly difficult to even rinse off of your hands. Be sure to wear gloves and don't let it touch anything you don't want to spend lots of time cleaning or throw away. I tried to pour it from a high location in a small stream as fev recommended. Unfortunately I don't have an Air brush to blow the bubbles out. I tried using a little hand held back massager to create vibrations to get the bubbles out. It looked like it'd worked back when I was doing it. Now (about 3 hours later) there are tons of tiny bubbles. *fingers crossed that they all just floated to the surface which is just the underside of the mold. If this mold doesn't work then I'll be out 27 bucks and have to make another trip to try and get some more material to try again. I'm really hoping this worked as I'd really rather not. Here are some pictures of everything I've described. It should be done setting in 12 hours so if all goes well and someone is actually following this thread then you can expect a new post from me in about 24 hours with an update. With any luck I'll be on to the next step and will be able to start cranking out aluminum replicas by the end of the week.

Alright everyone. The rubber set and I "pulled" my sculpting out. I actually had to cut it out since some of the rubber had sunk underneath it but no big deal. My sculpture was already cracked again like crazy and I expected that. My mold turned out quite well. Tons of bubbles in it as you can see from the picture but none that cause any kind of defect with my wax castings. Here's what I did next. I picked up 3 boxes of emergency wax candles from the dollar store. About 4 oz each worth of wax. I tied the wicks to a piece of yarn put them in a pot and threw them in the oven at 200 F. Took forever to melt before I could pour my mold. Got 3 good over flowing wax molds out of them. Tomorrow I'll be touching them up and pouring my plaster negative. Then hopefully onto aluminum friday night. Here are more pictures to add to the collection.

This looks like it will be an epic build! I can't wait to see it finished. I'm a latecomer to gaming(I really only appreciate the art), and this series seems to have escaped my attention(until now!). I agree with many that this game series has some of the best art and concepts going!

hey man, i see youre making a wetland ebony! my favorite one as well. i actually made one myself a few months ago, and am now working on improvements to it. already made new bracers, as well as hidden blades that extend/retract with a flick of a wrist. heres a link to the vids (before upgrades) YouTube - ‪Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Ezio Costume - Completed‬‏ check out my channel vids for tutorials and such. and feel free to ask any questions you might have, id love to help a fellow costume maker!

PLEASE!!! Tell me the source of the music you used for the linked youtube video!

For the fabric parts of the costume, are there existing patterns? Or are you creating them as you go along? Any chance you could share them? Sorry so many newb-ish questions.

Have you checked out Guild Wars 2? It's a brand new kind of MMO and they have some of the greatest artists on their team that I've seen in the gaming world. Because of that they are planning on actually using all of the concept art at some point within their game. It's going to be great.

The song is apparently "Ezio's Family". If you look just under the "like/Dislike" bar you can see the song information. It should be on iTunes.

I didn't really have any patterns for anything I did besides the pants which are basic pants. I modified a patter for a karate gi (The tunic they wear.) I sewed the front together so it was basically a v neck shirt. Then it was just a matter of folding and sewing all of the lines on it which was a pain in the but. A lot of just having the game up and making him hold the crossbow so that I could see the sides and such. Used the first page of http://www.therpf.com/f24/assassins-creed-brotherhood-suit-90549/ for reference pictures. Be careful though as there are slight differences between the cg pictures and the game so you gotta pick one and stick to it. For the hood and the pannels and everything I made my own patterns. The hood I just traced my head then drew the way I wanted the hood to look in the front then added a little extra space on top and back then drew all the detail lines and cut it out. Any patterns i uploaded for you that i made wouldn't do much good besides the hood because they were all made by laying newspaper over my duck tape mannequin with the tunic piece on. Then I cut along the chalk lines that I drew to make them look the way I wanted. So they were all made specifically for my suit and depended on the base.

And no worries about the questions. Ask away. I'm glad to help. :lol I was starting to feel like I was talking to myself :rolleyes

Update. I trimmed up my wax castings. I meant to take a picture of the three of them next to each other but I forgot to. Oh well. Mixed up my plaster of paris/sand mix. Plaster of paris is instructed to be 1 pound of POP per 11 ounces of water. In other words. 2 cups of POP per 1 1/3 cup of water. My mix was to be a 50-50 mix of POP and sand so I needed more water. To make my life easy i did two cups of everything which gave me the perfect amount for my mold. Nice and easy.
The mold in the middle the first one I did. I spent so long trying to brush the plaster on the sculpture that it began setting before i was had it all done. Kinda worried about the edges when I pour this one but the details should hopefully come out well.
The one one the left I got rid of the brush and used my hands to plop out hand fulls of plaster then rub it into the details. I'm thinking this one will turn out quite well.
The Right one I put a boxing around and poured it immediately before it started to harden at all, then rubbed in the details hoping I was releasing any air bubbles. I'll have to break an opening at the back a bit so i've got a good place to pour the aluminum but I'm thinking it's turn out well to as long as I can break my aluminum out of it after the pour. I'm slightly worried the aluminum wont fill the sides so i'll be sure to spin it or something immediately after I pour.

One quick note on the pictures I'm uploading. The pictures of the molds upside down after they'd hardened a bit go in the order that they were sitting on my table from left to right. I also threw in my sculpture. Poor thing. I'm gonna see what I can't do with some more glue to patch it up and display all the hardship I went through :p

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back