Nerf gun paint job...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jcoffman99 @ Apr 12 2007, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1461077[/snapback]</div>
Try nail polish remover...
Nail polish remover is often acetone, or ethyl-acetate -- which is chemically very close to acetone.
Acetone dissolves most plastics, so be careful! If a plastic can be painted then acetone will also dissolve it to some degree. Acetone is often the solvent used in the primer itself, which could also have helped it bond to the plastic.
I think it would be better to paint over than to remove the primer.

Quick bump to put out a Nerf blaster B.O.L.O. for all those still after the small Anime/manga style pistol Matsuo painted up so well.
(It's called the 'Scout', BTW, from the 3 in 1 set. and also the Tech Target set).

There are nerf knockoffs out there!
NerfScoutKnockoff.jpg

Bought this here in the UK. Has all the trademark info & badges removed already! So if you don't like all that sanding & filling, you're good to go!
Plastic is hard, more like ABS plastic maybe?

That's the paintjob it comes with. Not too sure of the pale metallic blue, but the black with gunmetal looks nice.

NerfScoutKnockoff2.jpg

The real bonus is that the middle 'barrel' (the bottom one is a dart holder) is a Laser pointer! Two AA batteries go in the grip and lights up when the trigger is pulled (like on the Night Finder blaster).
Easily removed and used on something else. ;)

The box it comes mounted stated the blaster has 'Infra Red light' so I just expected an LED. Neat little add on.

There's a Night Finder knockoff that has the laser too, painted in the same colours.

I might grab a few more of this one while I still can! :D

Coz.
Hey Coz you couldn't grab me one too while your at it, been looking for one of these puppies in the UK for ages, PM me if you can! :thumbsup

Roughneckone :cool

Quick bump to put out a Nerf blaster B.O.L.O. for all those still after the small Anime/manga style pistol Matsuo painted up so well.
(It's called the 'Scout', BTW, from the 3 in 1 set. and also the Tech Target set).

There are nerf knockoffs out there!
NerfScoutKnockoff.jpg

Bought this here in the UK. Has all the trademark info & badges removed already! So if you don't like all that sanding & filling, you're good to go!
Plastic is hard, more like ABS plastic maybe?

That's the paintjob it comes with. Not too sure of the pale metallic blue, but the black with gunmetal looks nice.

NerfScoutKnockoff2.jpg

The real bonus is that the middle 'barrel' (the bottom one is a dart holder) is a Laser pointer! Two AA batteries go in the grip and lights up when the trigger is pulled (like on the Night Finder blaster).
Easily removed and used on something else. ;)

The box it comes mounted stated the blaster has 'Infra Red light' so I just expected an LED. Neat little add on.

There's a Night Finder knockoff that has the laser too, painted in the same colours.

I might grab a few more of this one while I still can! :D

Coz.
Coz. Where did you buy it in the UK, and for how much? That's be so easy to make it look good. Just a bit of work on the trigger, drill out the "screws" and replace them with nice little brass ones and then hit it with a killer paintjob. Please, pleeez let us know where this beaut came from!

Sorry guys - the toy stall in the market where I got it has sold out of this version :( - I hope they get more in.
They had more of the Nite Finder style, apparently. Oddly, the NF version has the same internals and slide (see box pic). Weird.

I'll keep an eye out, and keep pestering the fella for more! :)

The knockoff is imported by OWT International, then OWT Europe (in Ireland), according to the sticker on the back.

Google search brings this up, but I got no idea how to go about ordering 'em!
http://gbcode.tdctrade.com/han3/2/1...tion/product/nitf/01/exh_list/exhiblist_o.htm

Here's the display box both the Scout and the Nite Finder variant come in:
Knockoffnerfbox.jpg

Coz.

David: Your Longshot looks very nice! It's the best camo job I've yet seen on a LS, and you're also one of the few to bother painting the smaller front gun.

I wish you'd sanded off the warnings and logos before you'd started though. It really does make a tremendous difference.

Thought you guys might be interested in seeing how my Nerf Scout turned out (supplied courtesy of Coz).

scout1ae5.jpg

I drilled/filed out the front vents, did a re-paint including a lot of silver drybrushing which doesn't really show up so well in the shots' I think it gives it a nice Colonial Marine/"Space above and Beyond" look (as Coz pointed out).

On the mod's, it now has a working power indicator which activates when you hold the grip, I replaced the original (rather yucky) laser/red dot with a much more powerful one, added a Tac light and a scratch-built scope. At the same time I also reworked the Nerf part of the scout to to fire "stefans".

I'm very happy with it as I've always really loved the "anime" look of the Scout so it's great to finally have one of my own.

One image is with flash and the other is without so you can see the lights better, LMK what you think guys?

Roughneckone:cool

Awesome mod!;)

I love that gun, too bad that they don't sell nerf guns here (and the shipping is 3 times the cost of the gun itself!:lol)

Any more pics?:)

I've been working on modding my Longshot to act as my primary USCM costume weapon until I can afford to assemble my M56 Smartgun, vest and arm. My goal from the get-go was to base my mod on the M249 SAW, as that was the role I was trying to capture with my Colonial Marine costume, and this is what I came up with.

cs6saw_wip%20019s.jpg

cs6saw_wip%20020s.jpg

To get a sense of scale, this is me holding it as I showcased it at a garrison Memorial Day BBQ/armor party.

bwater.jpg

There are still some additions I need to make to the front end, filling in gaps and adding another coat of ultra flat black to the body. Otherwise, that is generally the final shape of my mod weapon.

Very nice work, TB. Have you thought of painting and mounting one of the N-strike scopes/lights? The green tactical light that Nerf released recently really has an interesting shape.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back