Nerf gun paint job...

So here's a relative n00b question... why does Nerf get highlighted?

Anyways, here are some progress pics of my customization...

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Originally posted by Darth Brass@Sep 25 2005, 04:06 AM
I'm sad that I've sold mine - I just have nowhere to work in this acursed condominium.

ARGH..
[snapback]1083541[/snapback]​

Hey, I'm doing mine in a college dorm room/lounge, so you should have room :p

Originally posted by Rogue1138+Sep 25 2005, 09:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rogue1138 @ Sep 25 2005, 09:22 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Darth Brass
@Sep 25 2005, 04:06 AM
I'm sad that I've sold mine - I just have nowhere to work in this acursed condominium.

ARGH..
[snapback]1083541[/snapback]​

Hey, I'm doing mine in a college dorm room/lounge, so you should have room :p
[snapback]1083672[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yeah, but my wife doesn't really appreciate the dremel dust and paint fumes floating about.

It's all about keeping the peace, man. ;)

A huge improvement, I must say. Going from this:
292991.jpg

To this:
IMG_0081.jpg

And for being my first custom (paint job), I'd say it didn't turn out half-bad. And the best part? It still works :D

Now that the contest is over, here's mine...

Before
nerfblaster001.jpg

After
paintjobnerf.jpg

I thought it came out rather well, and I'm glad others did too B)

Originally posted by Rogue1138@Sep 24 2005, 07:47 AM
So here's a relative n00b question... why does Nerf get highlighted?
You probably have some Ad program running on your PC that links common words to Ad sites...

Try installing Ad-aware made by Lavasoft, they have a free version of the program that will find all (or most) of those little gems hiding in your PC. The site is Lavasoft homepage

A few more programs that find and kill Ad/Spyware:
Spyware Doctor
STOPzilla
Xoftspy
Spybot Search & Destroy

Also look for Dsostop for those that use the DSO exploit. Download and learn about DSOstop
The first time you run an Ad blocking program you will be very surprised what's been hiding in there, fun stuff...

Sorry for the divergence, all the guns look awesomeÂ…
Anyone else have any new or old custom jobs to share, mineÂ’s still not complete from the first BBC contest. :lol

I've got both Adaware and Spybot, so I highly doubt it's something on my computer. I just thought it was something to do with the boards...

Hmmm, now it's not doing it... weird...

Maybe you're linking to the thread via a search? If you did a search for "NERF" here it would show the thread and in it, each instance of NERF would be highlighted.

Stab in the dark, but it's an idea...

swung by toys r us today and got the 3 pack and the maverick, and a free mini light blaster thing (some kinda sale).

i had a hard time talking myself into this as i mainly wanted the pistol and not the rest..... but after getting home tonight (and post smallville buzz), i opened the boxes up and started goofing around with em.

a thought occured to me then, and it helps me be happy with picking these up.

i didnt spend 50~ bucks on toys. i spent 50 bucks on prop kits that just need a paint job :)

i admit, the pistol is a little undersized for mine gorilla like fingers, but the look is pretty nice. overall i gotta admit its worth the cash and its really not that often i can actually say that and mean it. specially if its over 10 bucks.

all i gotta do now is go buy a few dozen cans o spray paint and some bondo filler, and some new screwdrivers and ill have something to do this weekend :lol

matt, i dunno whether to hug ya or shoot ya for introducing me to a new aspect of the hobby i never thought of before. i guess it depends on how the paintjob turns out :)

thanks man
chris

Tom, can you PLEASE post more pics of your Blaster than the two from the BBC Contest? I realy loved this one :love

I went to two different Toys´R´Us Stores today and tried to find one of these Mavericks. Nothing. Now I´m afraid they are not being sold in Germany :cry

So please have mercy and don´t write things like
swung by toys r us today and got the 3 pack and the maverick
:(

Hey here's one that might make for a good custom with a nice repaint... from the new GIJoe "Sigma 6" line.

Only $15 at target. It makes nine sound effects (depending on the configuration of components as they are attached).

The only downside IMHO is the smallish trigger hole. :unsure

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

- k

Holey moley, awesome work guys.. Amazing what you can do with simple toys, they all look fantastic. Top marks to Matsuo, fantastic work there dude, those custom paint jobs are top notch. Just wish I could get into airbrushing myself.. I should really look into it, as the look of these pieces is just so cool. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

wonder with a little tweaking that gijoe gun could be made into a close version of korben dallas pistol from 5th element. might be worth a shot.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back