Nerf gun paint job...

The barrel is just some PVC pive I had laying around. I sanded and primed it and used silver rub-n-buff for the silver. The barrel runs the whole length of the gun. You can see it creates the sliver "stripe" on the side. If you get this gun and take it apart you'll see what I mean.

The round "dials" at the butt of the gun were covered with 1/8" abs the I cut with a hole saw. These were also sanded, primed and used silver rub-n-buff. The center piece is just lag bolt.

Some parts of the gun I screwed back together, some are glued. Keep in mind this was a rush job that I did in two evenings. I needed to get this done in time for Celebration III.

Great Thread. I actually just started to paint these 2 guns for a quick MIB costume for Dragoncon. This is just the first coat of chrome, I am not finished yet. Gonna do a second coat and a clear coat as well to lock in the color. Without a flash the guns are totally chrome looking. The flash gives away the color underneath. I am using a product called mirrachrome. Applying it with a airbrush. The smaller gun was the liquidator super soaker and has meshing added to it where the water bottle use to be. The bigger gun use to be a ping pong ball type of gun. It actually has a built in flash when the trigger is pulled. I'll post some more pics up when finished. For now:

mib%20007.jpg

mib%20012.jpg

mib%20011.jpg

mib%20010.jpg

Originally posted by DuneMuadDib+Aug 21 2005, 01:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DuneMuadDib @ Aug 21 2005, 01:55 AM)</div>
Very cool.  What chrome paint did you use there?
[snapback]1062212[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-jangomontes
@Aug 21 2005, 01:47 AM
I am using a product called mirrachrome. Applying it with a airbrush.
[snapback]1062208[/snapback]​

Originally posted by mez7+Aug 20 2005, 06:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mez7 @ Aug 20 2005, 06:25 PM)</div>
Originally posted by DuneMuadDib@Aug 21 2005, 01:55 AM

[snapback]1062226[/snapback]​
[/b]

Heh, serves me right for not reading his full post but just looking at the pretty pictures.

Gah, I'm turning into that which I despise.

Originally posted by DuneMuadDib+Aug 21 2005, 02:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DuneMuadDib @ Aug 21 2005, 02:30 AM)</div>
Originally posted by mez7@Aug 20 2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by DuneMuadDib@Aug 21 2005, 01:55 AM

[snapback]1062226[/snapback]​

Heh, serves me right for not reading his full post but just looking at the pretty pictures.

Gah, I'm turning into that which I despise.
[snapback]1062230[/snapback]​
[/b]
no worries happens to the best of us sometimes ;)

great thread by the way, didnt realise that nerf could look so good, got some ideas from it

Well I just picked up one of these.
nerfbase.jpg

Apparently it used to come with the big kit.
The instructions show it and the other 2 guns.

To bad you can't just get the new small one by itself. :(

Now to figure out what to do with this one.

D6

I just got the big set of 3. I dont know which guns I am keeping yet though. I think the smaller two I may convert but I dont yet know if I am going to do the big launcher. Anyone want to buy that one off of me?

josh

Originally posted by division 6@Aug 22 2005, 12:42 PM
Well I just picked up one of these.
nerfbase.jpg

Apparently it used to come with the big kit.
The instructions show it and the other 2 guns.

To bad you can't just get the new small one by itself.  :(

Now to figure out what to do with this one.

D6
[snapback]1063188[/snapback]​

I don't think it came WITH the kit as much as it was just made to be used with the mongo BFG kit everyone's looking for. I have one of the "lazer sight" pistols and one of the "six shooter" pistols if anyone really wants 'em. My wife keeps kicking my ass with 'em and I don't have a workspace to convert these bad boys.

If you can't find them on your own, and our Target employee above can't hook you up, drop me a line...

Originally posted by SWFreak@Aug 18 2005, 02:01 PM
Here's a nerf gun that I used to make my Wife's Mara Jade pistol

Before
nerfbase.jpg

I ended up gutting most of the gun and shorting it.

Construction stage with some bondo.
mjade1.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Painted with flat black paint and weathered with silver rub-n-buff
Finished product.
mjade2.jpg.w560h420.jpg

mjade3.jpg.w560h420.jpg

mjade4.jpg.w560h420.jpg

[snapback]1060366[/snapback]​

Awesome thread everyone. I'm really psyched when I see things like this. Very creative. On this particular gun, It would be cool to see someone put in a mini-mag flashlight (as mentioned above) on one side of the dart holders, and maybe a laser pointer in the other. Also the slits on the sides would be cool to do some kind of "lawgiver" LED system or something similiar...... I'm going to get one of these as well. Keep up the good work guys, and keep your repaints/mod photos coming.

Bobby
TK-3230

I just bought the six shooter Nerf revolver, and plan to customize my own version of it. But I've run into a slight snag, so for those of you that worked on it, this is directed towards yourselves: How did you disassemble the barrel with the two gray pieces on the ends? I've got the two sets of end screws out, but there's still that middle spring rod holding everything together.

Were you able to take it apart, or did you leave it together for painting? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Well, I just figured out how to get it apart, only to realize that there are a lot of springs in there, and they're not attached to anything. Oops.

Just a quick note, guys, that we're going to start cracking down on sale posts being piggybacked onto threads in the prop forum. I won't edit this one out but that will start happening to such posts in the near future.

Now how 'bout some more posts of cool repaints. :)

My son has one of those combo nerfs as in the first pic. It always reminds me of Zorg's gun in the 5th Element...:lol
Maybe this will inspire us to rework it...

Incidently...does anyone have a spare missle (the big one) he's missing his.

Originally posted by Treadwell@Sep 22 2005, 07:37 AM
Just a quick note, guys, that we're going to start cracking down on sale posts being piggybacked onto threads in the prop forum. I won't edit this one out but that will start happening to such posts in the near future.

Now how 'bout some more posts of cool repaints. :)
[snapback]1081642[/snapback]​

Sorry Jay, post will be edited...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back