1/72 Black Pearl kit from Zvezda

:unsure

The waiting, and the obscure manufacturer, undermine my confidence.

Hey Rob, no worry, Zvesda is not an obscure manufacturer, maybe they are not very famous in the US, but we know them well in Europe ! Their last kits were bery nice (quality increases with each new kit they produce !)

PHArchivist, the model you linked to is the same one I linked to earlier in the thread, it's the Disneyland ship that was removed in the early 80's.

Here are some pix of the Pearl at Nuremberg Toy Show taken back in Feb.

If you look at the Nürnberg toy show photos of the Black Pearl, you may notice a 787 dreamliner in the same case. That is almost certainly the new 1:144 kit and it is almost the same length (within a cm) as the 767-300. I have the 1:144 767 at home, and the length from tail end to wing-root middle is about 21-22cms (approx. 8.5 inches). Compare that length to the ship and you can see she's going to be a biggie!! :love

Bloody grafters. Using Zvezda's box art and the Nuremberg pics and hoping nobody notices that THEY DON'T HAVE THE KIT YET is just not on!

Last edited:
And for you guys down under:

AUSTRIA
• DICKIE TAMIYA MODELLBAU - model kits distribution
• Address: Werkstrasse 1 90765 Fürth
• Phone: +49 911 9565210
• Fax: +49 911 9765285
• E-mail: webmaster@tamiya.de
• Web: TAMIYA*::*Home

Down under?????? has the world flipped over and no one has told us about it?
Down under is Australia.......Austria is in Europe.

JB Wholesalers are the distributors down under and the manager Max is a member of our Sci-Fi club here in Perth..

http://www.jbwholesalers.com.au/

Murray

LOL. You can get t-shirts in Austria which read 'Beautiful Austria - the one without the kangaroos', hehe.

What about that Kangaroo plague we are having in Australia I realy hate it when they bounce all over the garden and down the street.

I am a responsible kangaroo owner. I tie mine up and take the saddle off when I ride him home from work.
Anyway any news on a release date from JB's muzz a?

John (Rats) is going to Melbourne this weekend for the Model Expo, Max is over there for it so he will ask him about it and when he is back in Perth I will make sure he has enough kits brought in for us.
Model Expo 2011
Here is Max being interviewed last year at the model show if you see a station wagon behind the ambulance driving into the car park that was me.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TYEZoHo1is

Apparently this:

Relax man. We know from the photos that they already have this in sprues, ergo the moulds are done: this is not vapourware.

was my usual misplaced optimism. Or at least, the moulds are indeed done, and something will see the light of day in some form.

But not the Black Pearl.

:cry :cry :cry

Last edited:
Wow, three days and no response. Isn't anyone disappointed but me? Maybe I was too cryptic? In case so:

NO BLACK PEARL KIT FROM ZVEZDA AFTER ALL.

Not as such, at least. I heard that it has kind of, sort of, crashed and burned.

I figured this would be of interest, or that someone might even have further info. No?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back