Data from The Goonies props- what's out there??

JLeezy23

Sr Member
Hi!

Has anybody done Data's stuff from the Goonies? I'd like to see Bully Blinders, Pinchers of Peril, Slick Shoes, the punching boxing glove, etc.

Jus wanna know if any have been done or are in the works!

Last edited:
I'm currently in the process of pulling together Data's Jacket, using this map here...
Jacket_Patch_Comp.jpg

which was posted by Damon on TheGoonies.org.

I have the jacket, and so far I have these patches,
DSC06124.jpg

which are exact to the coat with some exceptions...

1. My Tiger isn't all yellow. This is close for now, but I'm considering having one made.

2. Data DID wear that EasyRiders Patch but his is slightly different.
Easyriders.jpg

The Real Deal. If you look closely. Mine is perfectly round and this one has a jagged edge, the skull is more detailed, etc. But even finding the one I have, took a LONG time :/

Also...Data has a red Indian patch on his right arm that there is never a clear shot of. So I went with this Indian here. It's not correct, but it's fitting. Data already wears a #3 scout patch so I figured another scout patch wouldn't kill him. Though I'll forever keep an eye out for the right one.

Other patches on the coat I need to make from scratch. However, if anyone here has any information on this patch in particular, I'd be most appreciative. It's from a television series/special/movie? called Space, based on the "Apollo 18 mission." This has been impossible to find, but I know replicas exist. It's even harder right now because everytime I look it up I just get stuff on the new movie. There was one guy who was selling them out of Florida..............annnnnnnnnnnnnd that guy died. :( I haven't found anyone else.
apollo.jpg

Last edited:
Data's Jacket is an Army issue Overcoat in Sage. Sort of a greenish/gray. It has a belt, but Data doesn't wear the belt on his coat. My coat actually has the name of a Sgt. written on the inside of it, which is actually kinda cool.

Data's coat is reportedly size 36S

Mine's larger than that, one because I'm larger than he is, and two because I wanted to preserve that oversized look that the jacket has in the film.

This is a cool interview if you haven't seen it...and he re-tries on the jacket :D
The Goonies - "Missing Data: An Interview with Ke Huy Quan" - YouTube
However, I spoke to the man who originally made the jacket and he's not 100% sure that the Jacket Ke tries on here was his as a couple versions were made for student actors that were larger than him, but we may never know for sure...ALSO....trivia...The Goonies is not the ONLY movie that this jacket makes an appearance...in the movie "Spun," the character Frisbee wears it.
spun.jpg

Thats some good trivia. I have some pictures of the jacket and other Data props that I took at the Astoria Film Museum during the Goonies 25th Anniversary in Astoria Oregon. You have quite a ways to go still before your finished, but I can't wait to see more in the future. Keep up the good work man.

You didn't get a picture of that red Indian Patch, did you!? lol, I know that some of the patches are gone now. Even the one that Ke tried on in his interview, I've seen close up pictures of over at thegoonies.org, and some patches are missing but there's a discoloration where they WERE. The greatest mysteries is the Indian Patch and the family crest on his left arm. I've seen mock ups of it, but it's mostly just guesses.

Other patches, need to be made because they were made from scratch for other films. The one I know is the one that says Artanis Productions....Artanis is Sinatra spelled backwards, and it was used in his film "None But the Brave."

I will have to get back to you on that one. My friend took more pictures from the back side of the display. However due to the positioning of it in the jail cell the arm patches are not completely visible, but I will let you know. Also, we have some good pictures of the chest box, battery bandolier, and belt buckle... if you need any of those for reference.

Last edited:
Also on display were the Pinchers of POW, boxing glove, Slick Shoes... which we believe to be fan made due to the size, and even the actual cassette deck with the 007 tape inside, which we also have pictures of, but sadly no Bully Blinders.

I will have to get back to you on that one. My friend took more pictures from the back side of the display. However due to the positioning of it in the jail cell the arm patches are not completely visible, but I will let you know. Also, we have some good pictures of the chest box, battery bandolier, and belt buckle... if you need any of those for reference.

That'd be great, thank you very much! I actually have to make everything that was seen in the opening shot with Data in the junkyard. So the Coat, the Belt, Suction cup,...the rest may come later. But I'm always excited to look at pics regardless!

I remember having a kid size replica of his backpack when I was in grade school. To this day I havent been able to find another one. It was my favorite backpack from my school days.

Hey there, Kurt. I'm the friend Onlyalad19 mentioned. I went ahead and uploaded all the pictures of Data's coat that we had. I uploaded them on my site in a higher res so you can zoom into them. It was very hard to get clear pictures of the coat due to the plexiglass in the doorway. I really tried hard to get clear pictures of all the patches. However, from the way it was positioned in the cell, I couldn't get certain angles. These pictures where taken in the actual jail where they filmed the opening scenes. It's now the Astoria film museum. From what I remember reading this was a screen used jacket (1 off many used) and the radio & chest control box for sure. Possibly the Pinchers of peril and the battery bandolier? The shoes, boxing glove, the shirts and the bike looked to have been newer and we don't think they were screen used. It was mentioned that Warner Bros donated some of the props. Anyways, here is the picture file location. I hope these help!

Data's Coat

Last edited:
Also, i've noticed that some of the jackets had different patches in different spots too. I really don't think that each jacket were identical to one another. If I were you, I wouldn't rely solely on that patch diagram (it is a good one though). If you're looking for accuracy, i'd recommend following that diagram to an extent and then go with what your research unveils.

When you mention an indian patch on his arm, are you referring to this one?

Oops, strike that. I just noticed that you already have that patch.

datapatch.png

Last edited:
Hey, thanks very much! The pictures of the control box especially are fantastic! I'm actually in the process of trying to get a couple of those jet discs for under a billion dollars, since I only need two. Actually in the movie, if you watch, Data accidentally rips one of them off while activating a gadget, oh well :D In regards to the Indian patch...look at the picture of Frisbee from the movie Spun that I posted wearing the coat, and look at the bottom of his right arm. There's a red circle patch, with a yellow Native American inside. It KINDA looks like a bee with its wings up,...but it's the feathers in the Indian's hair. I was trying to see if it was an old sports logo,...or from Indian Motorcycles or something like that, but have come up empty. On the coat you photographed, it doesn't even look like it's there at all! That happens. Like you said,...stuff changes,....some parts might have been swapped around, etc etc etc. Thanks again!! I appreciate you taking the time! :D

Hey Kurt, I told my friend to post what he had from our trip... I hope it helps. Keep us posted on your progress, we can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Just an FYI, it's not "Pinchers of POW" or even "Pinchers of Power". It's "Pinchers of Peril". You're not taking his poor english accent into account.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back