Data from The Goonies props- what's out there??

What an awesome project.. I absolutly loved that movie as a kid and watch it at least once every two months... will never get old.

Onlyalad19 knows its pinchers of peril. I can tell you that he was obviously distracted by something when he typed that. He knows better. haha~

Data-Clauretie.jpg

eb_06.jpg

tumblr_lf3f7838SZ1qcipy4o1_500.gif

dataautographpicture.jpg

data-goonies-e1309221672325.jpg

the-goonies-w1280.jpg

275007_1248751460920_full.jpg

tumblr_l73zrzQToo1qcipy4o1_r1_500.jpg

Goonies+Data+Outfit.JPG

The-Goonies-movie-image-2.jpg

goonies942.jpg

dataonbike.jpg

Last edited:
I do know they are the "Pinchers of Peril", but I saw the first post referring to them as POW, hence the the reason I capitalized POW, as to not be "that guy" in a more subtle way lol.

I am right there with you Tweekem. To this day it is still my favorite movie and the best movie ever made in my opinion. 910dohead and I grew up together and I can speak for him as well when I say that.

Kurt, how's the coat coming along? I'd like to see what you ended up with. That is if you've found the patches you were seeking and finished it.

Not to bring back a old thread, but rather than post a new one I will ask my question here:

Does anyone know what the mechanism in the Pinchers of Peril (I always thought it was Power) is? Clearly a metal device. I don't know if the real prop was at all functional.

If no one knows the answer, does anyone have ideas on a spring loaded device that would fit into a set of plastic teeth? Has anyone made a "working" prop? (and yes, I am aware that plastic teeth and a slinky will not save me from certain doom).

Thanks in advance for the help.

And on a related note, anyone know where to get the acordian armature for the Boxing glove, camera, etc?

About a year ago I got the idea to get his compass...I figured then was probably a common compass...and was pretty sure I'd seen one b4...had a military surplus store near me I used to go to as a kid...remember seeing compasses...then last year after seeing the movie again after who knows how many times Ive seen the movie I recognized his compass...is actually still in production, I got one on ebay for $4 I think...but yeah all of his other gadgets would be cool to have in a collection also.

Not to bring back a old thread, but rather than post a new one I will ask my question here:

Does anyone know what the mechanism in the Pinchers of Peril (I always thought it was Power) is? Clearly a metal device. I don't know if the real prop was at all functional.

If no one knows the answer, does anyone have ideas on a spring loaded device that would fit into a set of plastic teeth? Has anyone made a "working" prop? (and yes, I am aware that plastic teeth and a slinky will not save me from certain doom).

And on a related note, anyone know where to get the acordian armature for the Boxing glove, camera, etc?
The metal object in the chattering teeth comes w them if you buy the correct brand. You need these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221219-114933_Walmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20221219-114933_Walmart.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 39

I made mine out of oversized Popsicle sticks from Walmart. $3.69 and drywall screws.

Attachments

• 20221220_132934.jpg
    20221220_132934.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 20221220_153114.jpg
    20221220_153114.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49
  • 20221220_152823.jpg
    20221220_152823.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 45

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back