Colonial Marines M577 APC 1/20th scale

Ray22

Sr Member
Hi I just wanted to share some pics of my Aliens M577 APC build today makes 2 weeks ago that I embarked on this journey I always loved the Bad A$$ look of the APC I remember seeing it in 1986 when I was in the Army. Its basically built using basswood and styrene its 16 inches in length and I have been playing around with lights to light it up I have never wired a model so I don't know what I'm doing hope she doesn't catch on fire Lol here's a few shots :).
Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Aliens M577 APC BUILD.

Worked on the missle covers today they were a pain in the arse :angry she's getting there.

hi ray, glad to see you on this site...the APC looks to be coming along great..Pete....:thumbsup

Hey Pete! good to hear from you I emailed you the other day didn't hear from you figured you were busy, will be working on those molds tomorrow been kind of under the weather this past week.

Thanks darth, I haven't got to the lights yet when you see the pic of it on fire you'll say " he really didn't know what he was doing" :cry Lol.

Well here are some update shots of my build I'm deciding if I will make this a kit if enough people are interested in it I will it doesn't make sense to make molds and spend the money if only 1 or 2 people want one. She will be big scale being 16.5" in length and I wouldn't do like many people do they take pre-order money and then you wait months or even a few years or may never get your kit,I don't roll like that when its done I will put it out there and let people know thinking of a 5 to 10 run so anyway that is what I'm thinking onto the pics.

Thanks Rich and to all for the words of encouragement:thumbsup,
Ray.

Well re-did the sliding door which was to short looking at pics of the full size APC and re-did the side vent panels they are much more to scale and look better than the grid I was using have a good weekend everyone!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back