Child's size Cyberman Costume

lol.. I will email you these pics aswell as pos them here. I just did these quickly, they should help (I hope).

basicshoulder.jpg

basicarm2.jpg

Well, after some roaming about the dollar store looking for duct tape, I found pool noodles, made of foam. Since my kid is small, I decided I could use these noodles for her arms.

So I bought one for $3. I cut it to length, then up the middle so I could get it on her arm. Then I drew the raised cyberarm design - freehand so it isn't perfect and cut out the middles. This is the blue foam.

Underneath I glued the craft foam (orange foam) under the blue foam. I glued the dowel rod to two foam pieces that I glued in the raised portions as well. I created the "bolts" via a quarter and a dime I cut out of foam.

I have plasti-dipped them, but no pics yet.

It's not perfect, but I suppose it will do.

the look one your little girls face tells you just what a great job you are doing. But I will add well done!. This is comming along great.

Last edited:
Here is the Cyberman Leader Voice Changer Helmet I got from Amazon here in the states. At first we wanted the "classic" look, but decided this would set her apart. It's very cool and the dogs hate it! Added bonus!:thumbsup

I have done some more work on the costume, more or less clean up and figuring out how to attach with velcro since my kid may grow some before the DragonCon.

What do you guys think? Any tips are welcome :)

Ok wow, this thing is looking awesome!. I love tghe cyber leader helmet, I think that is a great choice. And the body and arms look great!, seriously you are doing an amazing job here keep it up. And I will reply to your email tonight with regards to help on the legs.

Whats the problem, drop me a line, I have been really busy lately, My parents are coming fom England this weekend, so I have been busy getting the house cleaned. But drop me line lets talk. Don't stop this build.

Ok peeps. I finished the costume. Loads of help from familyman and indiefilmgeek. Without them I'd have quit ages ago.

1. Help given by Familyman & indiefilmgeek = AWESOME
2. Skills used/learned in making this outfit = AWESOME
3. ANY parent that does this for their kid = AWESOME
4. That you are a mother doing this with probably no more than a retractable craft knife and some crazy glue!:lol = DOUBLY AWESOME!
5. That the recipient is an obviously over the moon, beautiful "young lady" and NOT a boy = TRIPLY AWESOME

Really fantastic job and Like the others, I am so glad you saw this through to its conclusion........................So are you doing a run on these?:lol
My respects,
Darren

LOL, not sure I have it in me to do more. But I do wish I had known more when I started because I could have made it better I think. I should post a lessons learned section, hehehehe.

Thanks for all the kind words. You guys really got me through this.

Here's the super funny.kinda awesome part - I posted the finished product at the Prydon Academy of whovians marching in the DC parade together - they asked me to chat about hwo to make it on a forum. Kinda cool, aye?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back