Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

It's Coming as I have the blueprints on how to do this. This should be made this summer as my dad and I will do this in his shop. The reason I have not made the weapons box / hidden floor yet is because I have been busy hunting down all the props that are in the trunk. Yes, I kow what is in the trunk and there is a lot of it. Most of this stuff is pretty damn hard to find or very expensive but I would say that I now have 70% of it at this point. :cool

Don't worry, as this project comes along I will post pictures of EVERYTHING as I will probably just start up a whole new post about the car and all of it's props.

Here's mine so far...she's golden now...but gonna make her "Back in Black" in the next few years or so..gotta get all the little things 100% nice as far as new shocks,tires,rims, put front disc brakes on her, stabalizer bar (front and back) then the paint can begin. Rather fix her up and enjoy her then Supernatural her and enjoy her even more...:love

Here's mine so far...she's golden now...but gonna make her "Back in Black" in the next few years or so..gotta get all the little things 100% nice as far as new shocks,tires,rims, put front disc brakes on her, stabalizer bar (front and back) then the paint can begin. Rather fix her up and enjoy her then Supernatural her and enjoy her even more...:love

That's one gorgeous motor!!! :thumbsup

That's one gorgeous motor!!! :thumbsup

Thanks CJ...Ole Rick on here can tell you...they are something else when tracking and fixing these cars..not much has been repro'd on these cars...they are a weird breed..so tracking down things are a tad tougher....:unsure

Hey Guys,

The Original Supernatural Impala's Interior is spray painted (yes, spray painted) with SEM COLOR COAT LIGHT BUCKSKIN #15093. This can be bought at any auto parts store.

BoredomKiller and to anyone else out there looking for a 1967 Impala 4dr hardtop, I actually have an extra one for sale. The car is NOT MINT in any way shape or form but she does have a NEW 454 engine in it (and when I say NEW I mean she hasn't even been broken in yet). The car is a Factory AC car just like Dean's and she even has the corner lights installed. The car is missing the radiator and drive shaft (400 turbo tranny) and she is going to need some work as she needs a new left front fender and a new front winshield along with some body work and new interior. Here is a link to hear the car running and a couple of photos of it.

PICT0002.mp4 video by projectthx138 - Photobucket

View attachment 54397

View attachment 54398

The car comes with a NOS 100% Dean's Supernatural Radio and Dean's Green Beer Cooler. I will also throw in Dean's Keychain (see other post on this keychain) along with a couple of other Supernatural Props. :cool

At the present time I have an offer of $6500 on the table so basically I am just seeing the best offer I can get but I will have to sell the car sometime in June as I need the space.

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD! THANKS TO ALL THAT INQUIRED ABOUT IT.....:$

its not fair, US classic cars are so much better than uk classic cars. what i wouldnt give to own an old muscle car. guess i'll just have to keep looking for old capris and cortina's :rolleyes

Sorry for the off topic post, but where does one go about learning how to restore old muscle cars? :) I figure you guys might be able to help. My boyfriend has an enduring love for muscle cars, but Impalas are pretty hard to come by Down Under so he just bought himself a 1989 Jaguar Sovereign. It's already been fairly lovingly restored by the mechanic who sold it to him, but I can tell it'll need some work in the years to come and I know he and I would love to learn how to do this sort of thing ourselves. Any nudges in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the off topic post, but where does one go about learning how to restore old muscle cars? :) I figure you guys might be able to help. My boyfriend has an enduring love for muscle cars, but Impalas are pretty hard to come by Down Under so he just bought himself a 1989 Jaguar Sovereign. It's already been fairly lovingly restored by the mechanic who sold it to him, but I can tell it'll need some work in the years to come and I know he and I would love to learn how to do this sort of thing ourselves. Any nudges in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Hey Izzzie,

MOST of the time the car stuff is learned at an early age when young boys/girls work beside their fathers while working on cars. However some people go to school to learn this trade. Myself, I have ALWAYS been around cars and guys who worked on cars (not this new **** either). Hanging around good car guys one can learn all kinds of secrets and shortcuts. I don't know much about Jaguar's except that a lot of the old time hot rodders like the independent rear suspension. I try and not to touch too many cars that were made after 1972 as in my book this is when cars actually were stopped being made. Damn Computers.....:darnkids

If you and your boyfriend really want to learn car stuff, I sugest finding a group of car people and start hanging out with them. Also sometimes you just have to tear into stuff to find out how it is made and if you do destroy something you learn what not to do the next time. I can't tell you how many things I screwed up over the years but they were ALL valuable lessons learned.

Good Luck with your car
Rick

Hey Izzzie,

MOST of the time the car stuff is learned at an early age when young boys/girls work beside their fathers while working on cars. However some people go to school to learn this trade. Myself, I have ALWAYS been around cars and guys who worked on cars (not this new **** either). Hanging around good car guys one can learn all kinds of secrets and shortcuts. I don't know much about Jaguar's except that a lot of the old time hot rodders like the independent rear suspension. I try and not to touch too many cars that were made after 1972 as in my book this is when cars actually were stopped being made. Damn Computers.....:darnkids

If you and your boyfriend really want to learn car stuff, I sugest finding a group of car people and start hanging out with them. Also sometimes you just have to tear into stuff to find out how it is made and if you do destroy something you learn what not to do the next time. I can't tell you how many things I screwed up over the years but they were ALL valuable lessons learned.

Good Luck with your car
Rick

Hey Rick,

Thanks for your reply! I was somewhat afraid of that, as I'm sure there are car people in our city, but all of the car enthusiast groups I've heard of are based several hours drive away from where we are. I'll do some more research; thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I guess this is the price of living in the back end of nowhere.... :p

Thanks!!

Wait, your boyfriend bought a 89 Jag? Really. Someone round the corner from me used to have this black pos 90 v12 Jag, it was only cool because it had a v12. But that's just me. He's going to have a fun time finding nuts and botls, even spanners. As all jags use imperial measurement. That's pretty much why Aussie car guys don't do Jags unless they're collectible like XKs and E types etc. Good luck Izz.

This thread excites my pants. Great cars guys, I wish they were as cheap as they are in the states over here!

Last edited:
Alright, here's a small update on my 67 Caprice which is getting changed over to an Impala. Last week I FINALLY got to play with the old girl as I have been just to damn busy with everyday life to give the old girl any love. So last week I finally installed the front bumper guards which made the front end look MUCH BETTER........:cool

I also got the 67 Impala door panels installed which also look much better as the Caprice door panels looked like they belonged in a Grandma's car. :eek

Anyway here as some shots of the NEW front end.....

Bumper Guards 1.jpg

Bumper Guards 2.jpg

Bumper Guards 3.jpg

The door panels will be listed below.

Damn! Some beautiful rides there fellas! How do ya'll keep finding these 67 Impalas!?? I would LOVE to have one and restore it to look like the Metallicar.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back