Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

What are the big challenges? My son's car is mechanically sound and the body is in pretty good shape--it was stored for 17 years. But it still needs a lot of TLC.

If any of you get a graphic to make a display Kansas plate let me know. I contacted the DMV about the plates when they were changed hoping that I could get a butt load of blanks, but no such luck.

Here's what I have so far. The car is the 67 Caprice 4dr hardtop so the rear bumper ends have to be switched out, the side trim needs to be switched out, the rear tail lights need to be switched out, the door panels need to be switched out and the dash trim needs to be switched out. Lots of work but at least it is fun work! :love

010[1].jpg

013[1].jpg

018[1].jpg

012[1].jpg

Awsome car, looks pretty clean from what I can see. As much as the Metallicar is awsome I'd personally prefer it in the blue, definately the best colour. I'm going to be watching the progress of the build eagerly.

Here's what I have so far. The car is the 67 Caprice 4dr hardtop so the rear bumper ends have to be switched out, the side trim needs to be switched out, the rear tail lights need to be switched out, the door panels need to be switched out and the dash trim needs to be switched out. Lots of work but at least it is fun work! :love

View attachment 53901

View attachment 53902

View attachment 53903

View attachment 53904

She is a stunner!!!!! Man, I wish I could get hold of one of those over here in the UK. Can't wait to see more on both projects.....

Our car is also a Caprice so we'll be doing a Caprice to Impala to Supernatural conversion. Do you have any progress pics?

Also, I'm starting with impalabobs, are there any other great source?

Thanks to all for the kind words about my car! She (her name is Mary, named after the boys mom and my grandmother) is very dear to my family and we have a ton of fun in her.

Mary has a 327 engine and a 350 turbo transmission in her. She also has duel exhaust with FlowMaster mufflers (which makes her sound pretty damn close to Dean's). Mary also has factory Air Conditioning like Dean's, which will come in nice this summer. The BEST thing about Mary is that she has NO RUST in her as she is one SUPER FINE MACHINE.

As where to get parts for a 67 Impala, I would say the best place is Ebay or a junk yard. Classic Industries is also a good place to find some parts but I as you will find out they do not make that many parts for a 67 Impala and even less for a 4dr hardtop and YES there is a difference between the cars as a 4dr hardtop stands by it's self.

I was think of doing a post on here about my car and ALL of the CORRECT props that I have for her but I didn't know if this would go over very big as I know this is not a car site BUT she is a one of the biggest movie props I have ever owned except for my American Graffiti Coupe and she is WAY BIGGER than the coupe. :lol

I say bring on the giant thread about Mary--and don't spare the pics! A car-to-prop conversion is such an unusual project that it would be great to see it happen. Our Caprice is not quite as clean as yours--light rust here and there--but the restoration will be a good way for my son to learn about cars.

By the way, do you know what model radio/cassette is in Dean's car?

By the way, do you know what model radio/cassette is in Dean's car?

I remember in one of the early seasons they showed it, I want to say that it was either the episode with the "white lady"? Or the episode where the couple actually were killed years before on the road by the crazy recluse, but they kept coming back to relive the whole thing on the same night every year.

What they showed was a RAMPAGE cassette deck which was a cheapo brand that used to be sold by Wal-Mart years ago. /not sur the exact model, tho

Ours has a red interior and we plan on swapping it out. We'll need to reupholster the seats and replace the dash so we figure we might as well go all the way. Does anyone know the official color of Dean's tan interior?

Your an awesome dad lol
me and my dad have been looking for an impala everywhere but only busted up pieces of junk or some ghetto jack@$$ got his hands on one and ruined it. my grandfather is big into old cars and he comes with us on our searches sometimes, the ghetto impala nearly gave him a heart attack he was so mad.

Hey Guys,

The Original Supernatural Impala's Interior is spray painted (yes, spray painted) with SEM COLOR COAT LIGHT BUCKSKIN #15093. This can be bought at any auto parts store.

BoredomKiller and to anyone else out there looking for a 1967 Impala 4dr hardtop, I actually have an extra one for sale. The car is NOT MINT in any way shape or form but she does have a NEW 454 engine in it (and when I say NEW I mean she hasn't even been broken in yet). The car is a Factory AC car just like Dean's and she even has the corner lights installed. The car is missing the radiator and drive shaft (400 turbo tranny) and she is going to need some work as she needs a new left front fender and a new front winshield along with some body work and new interior. Here is a link to hear the car running and a couple of photos of it.

PICT0002.mp4 video by projectthx138 - Photobucket

View attachment 54397

View attachment 54398

The car comes with a NOS 100% Dean's Supernatural Radio and Dean's Green Beer Cooler. I will also throw in Dean's Keychain (see other post on this keychain) along with a couple of other Supernatural Props. :cool

At the present time I have an offer of $6500 on the table so basically I am just seeing the best offer I can get but I will have to sell the car sometime in June as I need the space.

Spray paint? Wow. Nice research. Has anyone tried this in their project car? It would make my life easier and the conversion less expensive, but I wonder what happens to it in the heat. Will it melt in the summer?

Don't want the car, the squeaky doors bother me. But I'm going to find an mp3 list of the songs Dean used to play in the car from the early seasons.

Spray paint? Wow. Nice research. Has anyone tried this in their project car? It would make my life easier and the conversion less expensive, but I wonder what happens to it in the heat. Will it melt in the summer?

The spray paint is made for interiors and will last forever if properly installed. In fact I have a friend that used it on one of his cars 7 years ago and it still looks brand new to this day. I have already painted my steering wheel with this paint and it looks AWESOME and it wears great (see attached photo).

My Steering Wheel.jpg

As for research on the tv car, sorry I just deal with the guys that actually build the cars for the show so not to much research done on my part unless you call research asking questions :lol.

wow, I can't wait to see the finished car, bet it's gonna look amazing. I wish my dad was this cool.lol

IF you use a vinyl spray paint that works great. May need several coats going from a dark color to a light. I changed my interior from red to black and used the vinyl spray paint. Here are a couple of pics

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back