Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

Hey everyone, I was wondering does anyone know what radio is in the car? I know it starts with a P but that's it! Thanks for any help in advance!

Hello Everyone,

For those of you who follow my post know that I am building a Supernatural Impala for a customer of mine (yes I build cars for people........:$). I started out with a 67 Impala 4dr hardtop with factory A/C. I just got done installing the corner lights (as the car didn't have them), front bumper guards, and spotlights on the car this past weekend. I have also had the front and rear seats reupholstered to match Dean's stitch for stitch............................:D My next step is to redo the entire interior with the correct radio, speakers, floor mats, steering wheel wrapped and everythng redyed to teh correct light buckskin. After the interior is finished I am going to put front disc brakes on the car along with NEW front and rear shocks, front and rear sway bars, and NEW rear springs which will hold the load of the weapons box which I I have already installed. The last thing that I will be putting on the car is the correct tires, wheels, center caps and lug nuts...............................:cool Here are a few photos of what I have done so far.....................................

View attachment 153794

View attachment 153795

View attachment 153796

View attachment 153797

View attachment 153798

View attachment 153799

View attachment 153800

View attachment 153801

View attachment 153802

After this car is finished I will be starting on mine unless I get another customer job to do another one.................................................:$

Great work Rick. Not enough people building these bother with the spotlights, which is a shame. They're an awesome and unique feature (that was me with the "Hells yeah!" comment on Youtube by the way :D)

Got a question for you. Can you give me a rundown on how you make the trunk box? Materials; how it's secured; dimensions etc.

I'd love to build myself a half-box for my Impala. Because mine's a frequent driver, I need the room for the spare tyre, but would love the very back of the car to have a box to keep my gear. Sick of tools etc rolling around every time I turn a corner. A Supernatural-inspired box would be rad and finish it off nicely.

oh ... and one more thing. I know you found a while back the proper 3 button duffle bags. Please know that I am on the lookout for one. It's at the top of my to-get list. If you find one in your travels that you don't want for yourself, please think of me and point it in my direction :D

Hey Brother,

I knew that was you.........................;)

Yeah, the spotlights just really set the car off as this is how I feel in love with it.....:)

As for the weapons box, I have no problem helping you out but just beware it is costly and VERY TIME CONSUMING. It takes my dad and I about a 4 to 5 days working 10 to 12 hours a day to make a weapons box and we know what we're doing (I think)........................:wacko

The cost for materials is $300 per box. You will need 2 sheets of 3/4 inch plywood, some indoor outdoor carpet (home depot), a really BIG piano hindge and about 20 feet of 1x1 square tubing. The tools you will need are a welder, a circular saw, scissors, screwdriver, spary on glue and some black spray paint.

Email me and I will give you the diamentions of the box. Also when you build this box you will have to change out your rear shocks and rear springs to support this heavy SOB................................:confused Yes, the price just keeps going up and up.............................:cry

Thanks mate. I actually won't worry about the dimensions. Seeing as I'm not doing a full box, no need to worry about getting the rest exact.

What's the 1"x1" square tubing for? Is that to create a level frame for the box to sit on?

The 1x1 square tubing is for the cage that is built around the weapons box. This cage pulls double duty as it keeps the weapons box from sliding around and it also supports the hidden floor. Leveling everything is REAL FUN.................:wacko Like I said, it's not a fun build at all.....................:darnkids

Here's a small update on what I did this weekend on my customer's Impala.....:) Basically I just got most of the interior parts spray dyed. This week I should have the interiror all dyed if the weather holds out. Here are some photos of my work................................:$

View attachment 154388

View attachment 154389

View attachment 154390

View attachment 154391

View attachment 154392

View attachment 154393

View attachment 154394

View attachment 154395

View attachment 154396

View attachment 154397

Love it! I asked on Youtube, but I'll ask here as well. Do you also spray the carpet on the door panels with the same stuff as you do everything else?

No, the carpet was installed prior to me getting everything dyed by my upholster shop. Basically everything was just taped off before spraying it...................:)

Hello everyone...I recentley got my hands on a 67 impala which was totally a steal! Just wanted to see what you guys thought!
image (2).jpeg

I think its great that this show has really saved alot of old 4 doors that no one would care for and would have been crushed..but thanks to this show..theyre being saved and restored.

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself and jump into the conversation. I'm another member of the family of crazy people rebuilding a '67 4-door Impala as an exact replica of the Supernatural Impala. It's been crazy fun so far--but the hunt for certain parts is nuts (as you all know).

As of today, I found my final piece of exterior trim (the trunk molding--found it on a parts car in South Carolina). I'm still working on collecting interior pieces but I did just order my interior door panels from Cars Inc., so that takes care of a big missing component I've been worried about.

Anyway, here are some pics showing my current progress. I'll post more as the project unfolds...

046.JPG2013-04-17 15.10.12.jpg2013-04-19 17.06.04.jpg

Nice ride! I'm still on the hunt for trim pieces. I know its going to take a little bit but at the end of the day it will be worth it!

I hit an unexpected roadblock trying to identify the exact right part for my Supernatural Impala build--I'm hoping someone on here has already figured this out and can help me out...

I'm trying to match the wheels as closely as possible to the primary Supernatural Impala. I was able to get a great deal on some Series 330 Cragar Super Spoke wheels, and they look to me like an exact match. Problem is, they don't come stock with a wheel cap--that has to be purchased separately. From screen captures of the Impala, it looks like the wheel cap is a chrome, dome-shaped cap with a slightly indented face that looks to me like this:

wheel cap.jpg

Assuming this is the right wheel cap, I can't seem to find one that matches my 5 lug x 5" wheel configuration. The closest Cragar appears to make is a 5 lug x 135mm cap (which I'm pretty certain won't work).

Anyone else go through this already and figure out a work-around? There are other similar caps I could get, but I'm obsessing a little bit about getting all the details as show-accurate as I can...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back