Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

Hi all,
My husband and I are working on our 'Baby'. Her name is Vlad. I started a blog to follow the process of doing her up and share info that might be helpful to others on the way. I've already started asking Rick far too many questions!
We just got the front springs and shocks changed. It would be awesome if any of you who are doing a rebuild or have completed one wanted to follow along and contribute. I'd love to take guest posts from Vlad's cousins! The blog is here:
Vlad The Impala

and the facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vlad-The-Impala/525024507566921?ref=hl

I look forward to talking with you all!

This is my dream prop conversion. All I need to do is learn how to work on cars, find an Impala and have the money to convert it. Definitely subscribing to this thread.

Jeez, I must be getting dim witted with age. At first I thought why would you call a car such a peculiar name? Then the lights finally went on. Vlad the Impala. Priceless!

Hey all :)
since Ill probably never ever get my hands on a real Impala67 I decided to build me one as 3D Model, ok that's not the only reason but anyway... so besides from lots of research I started reading this thread and on page 6 to 7 Russ shows some lights (the ones u can turn from the inside of the car), what are this called? Are this fog lights? I just like to know because for modelling these it would be useful to have some more pictures.. but no name no results from google... so I hope some of u happy/lucky Impala owners can help me out what this lamps/lights are called. big thanks! :)

Hey all :)
since Ill probably never ever get my hands on a real Impala67 I decided to build me one as 3D Model, ok that's not the only reason but anyway... so besides from lots of research I started reading this thread and on page 6 to 7 Russ shows some lights (the ones u can turn from the inside of the car), what are this called? Are this fog lights? I just like to know because for modelling these it would be useful to have some more pictures.. but no name no results from google... so I hope some of u happy/lucky Impala owners can help me out what this lamps/lights are called. big thanks! :)

Those are police spot lights.
Here's a link to an example. These aren't the exact spot lights. Example

hey, u really helped me out! big thanks to u! I guess I would had never figured it out.. police spot lights.... lol! ! But why would Dean have some police lights on his car... funny :D
thanks again man!

Sorry that I didn't post progress pics along the way...working on this took all the extra time I had. Big thanks to Rick (projectTHX138)--literally could not have done this without you, Brother!

cem1 small.jpgcem2 small.jpgchurch1 small.jpginterior small.jpg

Last edited:
Oh!!! Seeing this makes me so excited! Fantastic work! If anyone with their own baby wants to have a guest post on my blog, just let me know - I'd love to have a bunch of different people from across the world sharing their work :)

Sorry that I didn't post progress pics along the way...working on this took all the extra time I had. Big thanks to Rick (projectTHX138)--literally could not have done this without you, Brother!

View attachment 253389View attachment 253390View attachment 253391View attachment 253392

Hello E67supernatural!

Wow, what an amazing Impala, you really moved that project along! Didn't you start in April? ( I may or may not have been lurking the **** out of this thread for a while.)

The interior is what really gets me, it's beautiful. But, I can't help but notice that it's much darker looking than projectthx138's caprice. If you don't mind, I have a lot of questions. Where in California did you go to get the seats reupholstered and the interior correctly colored? What color carpet did you go with? What color is the dash and interior paneling? Was it simply spray painted like projectthx138 suggested earlier in this thread?

Sorry for the bombardment, but I'm getting to that phase of my project, and so far your impala has the best interior I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Hey Mickey,

That particular picture does make the interior look a little darker than it looks in "real life". I took the pic in the evening, and I think it is just looking a little darker because of the no-flash, late evening setting of the pic.

I took a slightly different approach with the interior than going with 100% SEM paint, though. I worked with Cars Inc. to color-match upholstery as close as possible to SEM 15093 (Light Buckskin). Once we had something that was damn close, I had them do the headliner, sail panels, and interior door panels custom in that upholstery. I then used the SEM paint on the other interior components: dash pad, dash, arm rest bases, etc., etc. The carpet on the floor and the carpet on the door panels is Ford Tan carpet from Trim Parts--but I was careful to use the same lot for both applications in order to get the closest color match possible. The black seats were re-upholstered locally in Sacramento, CA--I just had him use his stock black and do the proper tuck-and-roll finish. This was an expensive way to approach the interior, but the car is essentially brand new on the inside as a result--so I think it was worth it.

I did start this project in April--right around April 15th as I recall. It literally took every single weekend between April and November to get it done, but my Dad and I did it. I'm lucky that he has a detached shop, welding equipment, etc., or this would not have been possible. As it worked out, we ended up doing everything ourselves except for the exterior paint and the headliner installation. Learned a ton along the way--was an awesome project.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions at all. I also ended up with quite a few extra parts as I tended to buy things as I found them and constantly replace them with higher-quality parts as I would find them. If you find yourself missing anything, just let me know.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back