Ultimate Captain America Scales Costume Update 7/25/11 Finished!!

MalmeyStudios

Sr Member
Ok this is kinda Inspired by the Ultimates Comic and all of you that have done Modern Cap suits with scales!

Anyway this will be done in latex and cover the full front and back of your body! I will also have arms that will be short sleeve so that the "white" sleeves can go to the wrist!

It will be able to be mounted to a wetsuit or a "under armor" type shirt! As for the Arms they are the same arms as the thor arms, just short sleeve! They will also be full wrap! Expect this costume to move fast as I have already Designed, Cut and Molded it! I am pouring the first cast tonight and plan on painting it up and mounting it by monday! Busy Weekend!
I had no intention on doing this costume but someone kept suggesting it!

Thanks for looking!
Jeremey

Last edited:
Re: Modern Captain America Tunic (Costume)

Thanks Chim,

I had a feeling you would be commenting on this!
Ill post pics as soon as i get the first pull out of the molds!

Re: Modern Ultimate Captain America Tunic (Costume)

Thanks man!!

Poured the latex last night, hopefully I have a good pull ready for mounting tonight!!
A lil something to show you guys!

Re: Ultimate Captain America Scales (Costume) Update 5/20/11

I got the first pull out of the molds last night!

Here is a pic of the raw latex laying on my work table! The front is folded over the back, this is a one piece full wrap!
CaptainAmericaChest.jpg

This fits pretty good i was surprised! Its going to take a little cutting but will seam under the arms and down the side! The 1/2 bars on the ends will match up with the ones on the other side to make full bars! "Hopefully"

Anyway i know its a small update but rest assured you can expect more monday!!

Thanks for checking in!
Jeremey

Re: Ultimate Captain America Scales (Costume) Update 5/20/11

Oh very cool. i was planning a captain america costume myself. Just browsing around for techniques. Appreciate the link man. Thanks :D

EDIT- any specific brand of that cement stuff???

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Captain America Scales (Latex Costume) Update 6/8/11

Hey Guys and Gals

Sorry not to have updated this in a while but I have been super busy!

You all know that, anyway I got the prototype painted up but only the front! Ill be gettine the back painted soon!

I wanted go give you a little update though!!

Check it out!
CapChest.jpg

CapChestClose.jpg

Ill update some more as we get closer to finishing this!

Thanks for checking in
Jeremey

Re: Ultimate Captain America Scales (Latex Costume) Update 6/8/11

That looks pretty damn cool! I look forward to seeing the whole outfit come together!

Re: Ultimate Captain America Scales (Latex Chest and Arms) Update 6/13/11

Ok Guys,

Sorry for the pitiful Picture but we got it glued on, there is still alot of work to do but its getting there, Next is the Upper arms!
also ignore the shoulders, :) that will get fixed with the addition of the arms!! there is also a slight length issue, this will be cut down with the addition of the belt!
Capmount.jpg

As Always, Thanks Everyone
Jeremey

Re: Ultimate Captain America Scales (Latex Chest and Arms) Update 6/13/11

Looking great Jeremey! Once you fix up those shoulder areas this will be killer. Do you have arms planned? P.S. I never noticed you have tattoos. I have my full left arm, most of right and chest covered, lol.

P.S. Why hasn't this thread got more attention. Jeremey you do fantastic work.. and damn oh damn is it quick! ;)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back