NEW Mummy and Mummy Returns Display

The Mantis

Sr Member
Just completed my new Mummy Wall which resides in our Casablanca room adjacent to the theater room. A mixture of screen used items and replicas, decorated with hand painted Egyptian Papyrus art and antiquitees type displays. My displays have changed quite a bit so I figured I would snap some shots (as seen in other threads)....as usual if you have any Mummy items you might want to part with please let me know...

DSC00870.JPG

DSC00871.JPG

DSC00872.JPG

DSC00873.JPG

DSC00874.JPG

DSC00876.JPG

DSC00878.JPG

DSC00879.JPG

DSC00880.JPG

Thanks all. The sword is O'Connel's sword from the first movie...this was a special FX sword that had a moving mummy hand attached (which is why you see the two holes and bare metal in the handle).

I bought them off ebay....a gent sells ten unpainted resin ones for $25 shipped.

I did paint them myself and then adhered them to the pedestal.

The pedestal lights up thus lighting the canopic jars.

David,
If I ever will start a serious collection, it will be alot like yours.
You are a sort of prop collector "hero" for me :D
Great choice and great style.

Just fantastic. Stunning, elegant, professional... Dave, this is easily your best display yet.

Is the shotgun from the same dude that did the holster?

I have a raw cast of the open key, but I don't suppose you need it... If so, its yours--gratis.

David,

Looks awesome. I love the subtle things in the room that help tie the theme together. The hat on the table, the pith helmet, the vintage style touring luggage... all very well done.

So how do you like the jars when they get that lighting effect going?... nice huh?

Lonnie
Tk570

Lonnie, they are amazing. To be honest I have always had a fair amount of Mummy things but never had the push to really go all out on a display until I received the jars. As you can see they are the center piece to the collection.

Many thanks to you.

Nicely done. One of the great things about these movies is that there was so many affordable props available. I really like the uncluttered look of your display which blends into the decor well.

Dave, nicely done as always. An inspiration to those looking to make their collections look serious and museum-like. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks, yes the 1930's museum look was a look I was going for. Really appreciate all the kind compliments, gents.....makes it worth it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back