Action Stations! My Moebius Viper MkII

SSgt Burton

Sr Member
Well I haven't built a model in a looooong time (maybe 6 or 7 years)!

Having fallen in love with the new series just this year, I just had to have a MkII Viper. Normally I just collect prebuilt models or toys these days, but the Moebius MkII model was the only Viper I could find within my price range.

This wasn't an easy build; there were sections that were pretty fragile (like the upper engine cowling). I also found that the directions were a little misleading as to how to attach the wings; if you glued the bottom of the ship in first, you wouldn't be able to put the wings in properly (at least that's what I found when I did a couple of test fittings).

I built this over the course of a week that I had off work in April. I decided to go with the "beaten to hell" look. I'm not too keen on how my weathering turned out (I've weathered with pastels before with great results- this time I went with thinned down blackwashes).

One odd occurence- the red paint for the stripes on the wings and vertical stabilizer "crackled" for some reason. Fortunately this added to the weathered look.

Well anyway here are the pics-

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't consider it my best effort, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Next up will be the Galactica and maybe a "Museum/clean Viper MkII".

Kevin

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back