1:1 ANH Luke Skywalker Silicone Portrait... (Final Pics Pg3)!!

Chewie15

Sr Member
Hey Guys,

Here's a commissioned 1:1 ANH Luke portrait that will be finished in silicone. I had re-done the sculpt several times never quite happy with each go, but I think I have him where I want him now. The hair is roughed in just for overall placement and will be scraped soon. The final project will involve finishing the full body, custom waredrobe, etc... by some other talented artists (fellow RPFers) and will be finished as a full figure display. (I'm only working on the head and hands)

This sculpture still has a ways to go, so critques are always welcome ;)

Luke1.jpg

Luke2.jpg

Luke3.jpg

Luke4.jpg

H

Howard S Studios

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 ANH Luke Skywalker Silicone Portrait... WIP

Excellent likeness, he would look great in X Wing Pilot costume, he has that pleading with Han Solo look.

You really captured the young look of Hamill.

The second side shot is dead on.

Applying real hair to this sculpt would really make it pop.

******** that looks the biz. Really looks spot on to hamill in a new hope. Great job howard. This will be amazing when finished

One more time, an awesome work !!!
Trully lifelike, it is amazing !!!

Thanks guys! I'll post this guy when he is 100% done... there doesn't seem to have much interest in showing the progression?

It's going to be very cool to have the whole set of ANH portraits in silicone for the portfolio ;)

H

Howard S Studios

His profile looks great. It would seem his cheeks are not full enough, especially from that 3/4 view. And I would love to see progression photos. ;)

I can't wait to see what he looks like finished.

His profile looks great. It would seem his cheeks are not full enough, especially from that 3/4 view. And I would love to see progression photos. ;)

I can't wait to see what he looks like finished.

I agree on that... I've been working on my sculptures from the bone structure outwards and sometimes they stay a little too gaunt until I'm further along ;)

H

Howard S Studios

Looking good, would also like to see more progress pics.

The soul is there, yes, but I was also going to post about the gaunt appearance in the cheeks. So far, awesome!

The soul is there, yes, but I was also going to post about the gaunt appearance in the cheeks. So far, awesome!

I know, 'pre-mature posting' on my part :$ I just couldn't resist a teaser or two.

I have his cheeks already re-worked, but I'll wait for any further updates...

H

Howard S Studios

Really nice howard. Some tweeks on the cheeks yes, but so far in early stages, really nice, and looks alot more like hamil than other recent attempts by other artists lately. Im sure by the end, this will be insane, especially in silicone with real hair.

Looks great Howard... nice to see a fresh approach on a ANH Luke. This'll be the third version I've seen from that film by varous artists. Its also amazing how different Marks face looks from the first film to the next two.

Heman I noticed you seem to have a point to prove towards me (whatever that might be) i.e. a remark in an older posting by you that seemed to be a little bit aimed at me aswell :eek

Very well done Howard. Man............you guys are really pushing each other to step up
your skill and realism, and you, bobby and Rich are really stepping up. Great work!!!!

Really nice howard. Some tweeks on the cheeks yes, but so far in early stages, really nice, and looks alot more like hamil than other recent attempts by other artists lately. Im sure by the end, this will be insane, especially in silicone with real hair.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back