1/350 TOS E is happening.

If you want to wait several years/decades they might fix it for a re-release.

I would tend to agree. Modification means modifying the factory mold and tooling which means another added production cost ... and we know what that means: no change (for a while yet)

But before this kit get release to stores, a sample version was displayed and the gride lines was deeper and uglier, and now for the buyer version the gride it's finner.

At least a note on instrunctions, teaching how to correct the defects.

I would tend to agree. Modification means modifying the factory mold and tooling which means another added production cost ... and we know what that means: no change (for a while yet)

Last edited:
But before this kit get release to stores, a sample version was displayed and the gride lines was deeper and uglier, and now for the buyer version the gride it's finner.

Yes but those were test molds. There's a finalization to the process, and it's completed. The kit is finished, the pressings are done, the boxes are sealed. It is what it is and that's not going to change.

Not to mention that a couple of small miss-alignments would never warrant an immediate retooling even if it were relatively easy.

This is a fantastic kit and some very minor problems that are easily corrected should not discourage anyone from purchasing it. I was even surprised how unobtrusive the grids are in person. That did not however stop me from "dealing" with them, lol.

PL350004.jpg

I believe everything is "frozen" now. Aside from the Premiere edition for the 1701club members, the Standard edition have already been on sale and is currently shipping. This Standard edition will be the same (no further modification) for all future public sales.

This is a fantastic kit and some very minor problems that are easily corrected should not discourage anyone from purchasing it. I was even surprised how unobtrusive the grids are in person. That did not however stop me from "dealing" with them, lol.

PL350004.jpg

Kick those grids ass!!!

I see you can easily "erase" the gride pattern.
Can you replace this gride with a finner gride? Or trace a pencil gride?

I supose this would be a challenge.

PL350004.jpg

At this point all the revisions from the prototype to the final product have been made, as has been said, they are now produced, boxed and in some cases, shipping. There will be no more revisions from Round2 for quite some time.

There really is no need for Round2 to include instructions in correcting flaws when we have the RPF and other builder forums around. Most of the 'defects' you're concerned with are easily fixed by anyone with a little experience and feels compelled to take the effort to correct it. By watching other peoples builds you can see how they solved the problems and get some ideas. For me that is a big part of the fun of building, tweeking the kits to give it the little touches.

The effort put by Round2 in to getting the look of the ship and the details right, to the brilliant engineering of this kit, is remarkable. For me the 'flaws' are a non issue. This is a beautiful kit.

I should be picking mine up from the post office tomorrow. I can't wait to see it first hand.

I got my Standard Edition TOS Enterprise from CultTVMan on Saturday and inspected it for defects.
The kit was perfect.
No sinkmarks or warpage on any of the parts unlike some other modellers have reported on other forums.
Mine was a pre-order which I paid $99.95 for plus $17.11 for ground shipping.
I visited my LHS yesterday to buy some painting supplies and they had it on the shelf for $164.95!
Glad I got my pre-order in early.

My Premier kit was flawless too (#567 if I remember right). I am waiting for my second one to arrive. If it has defects that I can't deal with I'll simply scan or take a pic of my UPC code and request replacement parts -- no biggie. Love this kit!

Doug

Surpisingly, I received an email today from AutoWorld that my Lighting Kit for the 1:350 TOS Enterprise has been shipped.

Anybody else also lucky?

My order consisted of one TOS Enterprise Standard Edition and two Light Kits.

The package arrived today... but it only contained the TOS Enterprise (no lights kits) :unsure

The light kits and accessory pack were being shipped from different locations than the models. I have yet to receive a ship notice on lighting kit and brass, but received my Premier kit quite a long time ago. They'll get here when they get here. Also ordered a second Premier kit and haven't gotten a ship notice yet. Again I know it will arrive. No worries, but it is tough to wait.

Doug

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back