1/350 TOS E is happening.

It's happening, I have no doubt. They also have Gary Kerr on board... he worked with us on the MR Enterprise, and has revised his data even MORE since then.

I pre-ordered two - I want the other version's parts and they are exclusive!

I feel a bit foolish scratch-building one, now that this has been announced...seeing as how I suspect this will be a very accurate and fancy kit. Oh well...at least mine will withstand having bricks dropped on it.

I've been waiting for this. I'll get the standard edition, though. This is one I'll do to the hilt. No shortcuts; no rushing.
Of course, full lighting.

It is likely going to happen this time. They said at the talk on Saturday that this project is going to suck up all their tooling budget essentially for the next year. Plus, this project is one of the reasons why they decided to drop the JJ Prise (although other factors led to the JJPrise's demise). Externally, another factor is Revell of Germany getting the Trek license for Europe as they are doing 1/600 kits of the E and a D-7 by this fall (which means Revell USA would have access to two new toolings if they ever managed to get the license). As such, Round 2 is having to put the fat to the fire big time this time and they know that.

The way I see it, this is going to either make or break them. It is a very bold financial gamble.

I was going to invest a lot of blood sweat and tears into making my AMT reissue as close to screen accurate as I could (based on the Remastered CGI version), but I think the 1/350 will end up being a better bet. I'm not going to splurge for the limited edition though. Have fun with the t-shirts!

Now I can make my AMT worry free! Fun!

It is likely going to happen this time. They said at the talk on Saturday that this project is going to suck up all their tooling budget essentially for the next year. Plus, this project is one of the reasons why they decided to drop the JJ Prise (although other factors led to the JJPrise's demise). Externally, another factor is Revell of Germany getting the Trek license for Europe as they are doing 1/600 kits of the E and a D-7 by this fall (which means Revell USA would have access to two new toolings if they ever managed to get the license). As such, Round 2 is having to put the fat to the fire big time this time and they know that.

The way I see it, this is going to either make or break them. It is a very bold financial gamble.
With talk like this I'm less skeptical of the model being made. I get concerned when all I hear is marketing hype, after all marketing's job is to blow sunshine right up(well you guys know where).

I'm sure this model is going to suck their tooling budget for many years.
I wouldn't be surprised if a similar scenario occurs that happened with the refit. PL was bought/shut down(I don't remember which) not long after the refit was done. But the model was re-poped later under a new entity. Companies will do this trick on occasion to get out of a heavy financial burden. I didn't say it was moral, like this hobby can say it's moral:lol.
I'm just guessing at a scenario, it might be one way this game is played. In the end none of us will care because we will get the most iconic spaceship in all of sci-fi. Finally treated with some respect.

I think if they did the jjprise it would have been a big dud. Better to put resources into something that is a guaranteed sell. Than waste resources on a controversial subject.

Just an aside, I'm still amazed nobody recast the MR E.

I too voted with my wallet and went with the limted edition one... I might get another regular edition to play with - large constellation seems like a cool project to me... at that scale there are a TON of detailing options that would be pretty awesome!

Jedi Dade

Perhaps I have not been paying close enough attention, but what are the differences between the special edition and the regular?

Technically the Mirror Mirror version is just the "Where No Man" second pilot version, headed the other way. :lol

1701-WNMstock%28mirrormir%29.jpg

mm08-crop.jpg

Be sure to check out the CG renderings lower down on that Round2 page... the model only has a few hilariously glaring errors (which to be fair they do admit)... :rolleyes

R2_CAD-enterprise350.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back