1/350 TOS E is happening.

Also, keep in mind Thomas Sasser released a lot of those masters photos of the 1/350 refit. I heard he was not supposed to do that and PL was not happy that he did. I am sure we will see updates like we did on the 1/1000 refit.

Scott

Well, I pre-ordered the exclusive kit, looking forward to seeing what they share!

Me too! :D Looks like they fixed the online form so that one can choose either the US or Canada, which now allows for our six-digit postal code. Thank gawd; I didn't want to miss out on something like this :cool

Me too! :D Looks like they fixed the online form so that one can choose either the US or Canada, which now allows for our six-digit postal code. Thank gawd; I didn't want to miss out on something like this :cool

I guess they didn't want to make it active for the Canadian purchasers yet so you guys would end up with red shirts. :lol

I guess they didn't want to make it active for the Canadian purchasers yet so you guys would end up with red shirts. :lol

LMAO! :lol

Sorry to hear you folks "across the pond" can't get in on this particular version of the kit.

But, as mentioned on Round 2's website "[they] will likely release the pilot parts separately once all of the Premiere Edition kits have been sold out. The combined SRP for a standard kit and the extra parts will be no less than the price of the Premiere Edition."

So, even if you can't get in on this kit with all those extra parts to choose from, you'll still be able to get them along with the regular kit, and for the same price.

Last edited:
So... has anybody received any e-mail updates on this? Just wanting to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Btw, I noticed they've still got a link up on their website to join the 1701 club. Guess they haven't gotten 1,701 reservations for the kit yet.

No updates in my email either. The one thing that is bugging me though is if they are opening it to 1701 people to reserve or if it is for 1701 kits? Reason I ask that is my registration card asked for how many kits I would be interested in. I said 2. Doing the math, if everyone did that the result would be 850 1/2 registrations only for 1701 kits. But if 1701 people sign up, that would mean a production run of 3402.

I guess we will find out when the first updates begin. Technically though, Wonderfest was the first update as Gary Kerr explained his reasons for shaping the shuttlebay interior on the TOS ship as he did. It will look right when you see it, but it is a little shorter so as not to interfere with where the pylons go (Matt Jefferies made it a bit long for dramatic effect originally).

Ah, okay. Thanks, fellas. Just wanted to make sure an update of some sort hadn't fallen through the cracks on my end, lol.

As to your question, according to their first blog entry back in May:

"You can reserve up to 5 Premiere kits right now but if we have 1701 members, 1701 people will get kits. If we fall short of that number we will come up with a system to allocate the rest."

In other words, the 1,701 reservations they're looking for aren't necessarily 1,701 individual orders but 1,701 units total.

From what I understand, if they actually get 1,701 people signed up on the reserve list then it would come down to one kit per person. If they don't get that many people to sign up, that would leave more to go around.

As to what you mentioned about the shorter shuttlebay, I look forward to seeing what they did with it.

102.jpg

Now THAT, is a cool shirt! :)

Nice to finally get an update, looking forward to more. From the noted change requests, looks like they're committed to getting it right.

My understanding on the grid lines is that they will be very fine recessed lines. That way those that want them will have them, and those who don't can fill them in with primer. I've built kits with lines so fine that paint nearly filled them completely. Seems like the best way to go, since removing/filling them is easier than adding them.

Wow very nice update. For some reason I'm not getting my club reports via email. :(

I didn't get a newsletter either. Some got them early this morning and some got them up to an hour ago. It may be that they are sending them out in blocks at a time?

My understanding on the grid lines is that they will be very fine recessed lines. That way those that want them will have them, and those who don't can fill them in with primer. I've built kits with lines so fine that paint nearly filled them completely. Seems like the best way to go, since removing/filling them is easier than adding them.
The original gridlines were drawn on the model. Doing a fine line in the production process seems to me to be an unnecessary expense. Besides both of the pilot versions didn't have any gridlines. Neither did the production version, at least until Roddenberry insisted they be applied.

For me it would have to be so fine that gap filling primer would fix it.

This doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I'm with CD on this one, this is still a concern.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back