1/350 TOS E is happening.

Forced perspective?

tweakeddisplay011.jpg

It might work...

Very Cool - How deep is that really?

Jedi Dade

I have an MR, but being a modeller of modest skills I can do better other then the markings. Decals are not going to match what MR could do. But careful cutting should help.

It's not an overly complex paint scheme after all if you familiarize yourself with the nuances.

I am not intimidated by it like the dreaded Refit!

I signed up for one of these. I've been waiting for someone to do this for awhile so it better really happen (or there will be hell to pay, or at least heck).

Hanging them from the ceiling is an option, just like the good ol Smithsonian used to do.
Hey, wait a sec! There's an idea right there for another version of the ship to do. "As seen in the Smithsonian 1974-1995" (or whatever the dates were)

Wrong dish, blinking red bussard collectors, grey painted-over patch jobs, plain port side, giant eyebolts screwed into the nacelles...

I'm kinda serious.

Maybe a polar lights kit would be good enough for this approach, though. ;)

I'm working on restoring a hacked up polar lights kit to that version. The secondary hull was sawed in 2 and will have to be puttied back together so It lends it self to that sort of thing.

I have an MR, but being a modeller of modest skills I can do better other then the markings. Decals are not going to match what MR could do. But careful cutting should help.

It's not an overly complex paint scheme after all if you familiarize yourself with the nuances.

I am not intimidated by it like the dreaded Refit!

I'm thinking about making full color vinyl markings for this bird. saves worry about cutting decals or yellowing or silvering.

what would be the interest in something like this?

I'm thinking about making full color vinyl markings for this bird. saves worry about cutting decals or yellowing or silvering.

what would be the interest in something like this?

I would take two sets.

Finding room to display them on the other hand might be a problem... :unsure
I have the MR but I pre-ordered two of these kits. I am going to buil one Piolet version and leave the other one boxed up until I figure out what to do with it. No idea how I am going to display it (the studio scale models take up so much room). :lol:lol

I pre-ordered one as well and I will get at least 1 more when they are released in the stores. I thought I would make stackable individual wood and glass display cases for them. I have 2 NX's and 2 Refits and then the 350 TOS and they will take up alot of my office space. So, up is the way to go.
I may try aluminum and glass!

Quadruple up some strong fishing line.

The modern stuff is tough. I torture tested it with bouncing heavy weights before I hung this up....

IMG_6112.jpg

I inspect it from time to time, and I imagine after a few years it would be wise to replace. If one strand breaks, that tells me it's time for sure.

This is just too awesome! I've been waiting for a while now to hear them say they're actually working on this, so I'm very pleased to hear they finally made that announcement. Took them long enough, lol.

Only problem is, I went to their page to reserve myself at least one kit, and it's not set up to accommodate our six-digit postal code for up here in Canada. Does that mean I'm not able to reserve myself one of these?

I really want to get in on this. Too many times have I had to pass on stuff like this. Not again.

When the Polarlights Enterprise Refit was being developed there were many photos of its creation.
I kind of wish they did the same with this kit.
I love seeing prototypes.

Scot

When the Polarlights Enterprise Refit was being developed there were many photos of its creation.
I kind of wish they did the same with this kit.
I love seeing prototypes.

Scot

They are providing updates on the creation of the kit, but only to those who reserve the exclusive version.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back