1/350 TOS E is happening.

The inevitable comparison shots: Master Replicas vs Round 2.

P1140376.jpg

P1140379.jpg

P1140386.jpg

P1140388.jpg

P1140390.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine today, nice box. Didn't open it till the light kit shows. I ordered another one too. I also grabbed a Refit kit and goodies so by X-mas Ill be up to my ears with Trek (Now I just need to finish my Disney nautilus, SHADO Mobile, S1999 Eagle and Blade runner blasters) LOL

Well, I never received the Nov. 15th email from Round2. I must have fallen through the cracks. That kinda sucks but nothing I can do about it.

I ordered a standard edition kit from CultTVman a few days ago and I got word that it has shipped today. So I'm a happy Trekker.

Wow, comparing it with the MR version, they got the look down COLD! Thanks for these imaged Phase Pistol! BTW, in case anyone wonders about the grid going through the triangle panels on the bottom of the saucer, Gary Kerr confirmed that they are supposed to do that as apparently they do that on the 11 footer.

In other news, I was also thinking about the market for a "non grid" saucer a bit more. While I don't think doing a saucer without a grid as an aftermarket bit would be a good idea, I have to wonder if there might be a market for somebody to do a new saucer with a shape profile like what the 33" studio model had? The way I see it, if somebody were to create such a thing, that would make a "studio scale" replica of a 33" Enterprise model theoretically possible as the secondary hull and warp nacelle shapes are already pretty close. And one wouldn't need to worry about a lighting system either since the 33" wasn't lit. Sure, it might be off true "studio scale" by an inch, but a little massaging on bits here and there (were we sure that proportionally the saucer on the 33" model was the same as the 11 footer) might achieve closer measurements.

As a 1701 Club member, I got an offer from Round 2 to go back and buy as many Premiere Editions that I wanted.

So I got another.

The email also said that after Monday the 26th anyone will be able to buy one if there are any left.

For some reason Round 2 seems to have moved the triplets of lights on the port and starboard saucer underside.

I don't know what to call them, they don't seem to have a name :lol. But on the 2nd Pilot version they were single beacons, and for production they drilled out additional holes to make them triplets of lights (the port/starboard beacons were moved forward, onto the centerline).

Anyway Master Replicas gets it right and Round 2 moved 'em for some inexplicable reason.

saucer-underside-comparison2.jpg

Also WTF holes?!

Nobody gets the dorsal shape right either... look how fat and rounded it is in front in the pic of the miniature, compared to slim and pointy in both models.

wtf-holes.jpg

Im no expert but that pic of the filming miniature is AFTER the first 'restoration; which screwed up a lot of things. Im hesitant to take it as gospel. Id like to see the same areas on the filming miniature PRIOR to that restoration :)

It appears that the two dots on the miniature are centered in front of the dorsal. So it's an intentional two, not a case where there were once three but one was covered up.

The question is, are these HOLES or are they just dots painted on. If dots, and if the underside was repainted, 3 could have been replaced with 2 I suppose. But I really kind of doubt that theory...

DS_trek3577.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back