1/350 TOS E is happening.

So Ive seen CultTVman and other sites say they will start shipping the standard kits Monday...so people will get standard kits before everyone gets a premium one.

Eh, no big deal for me. For me it wasn't about getting it before the Standard, it was just about getting the Premeire. I wont be building mine for a while anyway. Although I figured there would be a longer delay between the two. R2 did say the Premiere would be out a month before the Standard.

Well, with delays it probably is a month (or more) after when we should have gotten our kits. I'm sure their business plan counts on the x-mas holiday and getting the kits to the masses or at least out there for visibility. I gota wonder if shipping standard kits are taking resources away from shipping Premiere kits.

I received my Premier kit from Round 2 last Thursday and just received a shipping notice from CultTVman that my Standard kit "has shipped". The $99 pre-order price at CultTVman was just too good to pass up!

I had kit #136. Here's a comparison of saucers from three different kits:

threesaucers.jpg

The top is the Polar Lights 1:1000 scale kit. Under that is the saucer from AMT's kit ... a project I abandoned fifteen years ago. And under that is the new 1:350 scale kit.

This is pretty cool.

Someone needs to gut the inductive charger for a cell phone and find a way to use it to power the lights and motors for this kit for those who want to build it to hang from the ceiling.

If ya gotta have it, ya gotta have it.

I was more than happy to buy the standard kit and then the accessary kits. I applied to the the 1701 club, but got a notice that I was too late and would be on a waiting list. I was totally in shock when I got an email from Round 2 last week to order the premier kit.
I saw the E-bay postings and conscidered the standard kit that was posted for $187.00. Glad I held off and paid $162.00 for the premier kit with express shipping. I don't really care what number it is. It will be built no matter what. I only wanted the premier because it was more economical than buying the separate accessary kits. I plan to buy a second standard kit and use the additional parts to build a 'Where No Man.." pilot version as well as the regular series version.

I will probably Keep the premiere kit in the wrapping for collecting purposes, and buy a Standard kit with the accessories to put together myself.

I hope this doesnt Sound like complaining, because it isn't.
thinking as a collector, it would have been nice if the premiere Edition had a different box Picture or something to differentiate it a Little more from the Standard kit, other than the certificate number inside. I mean there were at least a couple different artwork layouts before they Chose the final one. One would think it would have been easy to just use one of the others for the Premiere Edition.

The box on the premiere edition is different in that it is printed on chrome paper; not white paper like the standard edition.

just received an email from Round 2 that there are a limited number of premiere kits still available for purchase.

Dear 1701 Club Members,

Thank you for your fantastic support of the 1701 Club!

You now have another opportunity to purchase the Premiere Edition U.S.S. Enterprise 1701-NCC model kit. There a limited amount of these kits still available. This is a first come, first served opportunity. You may order any quantity. This offer is only open to 1701 Club Members for a limited time.

If you have already ordered, just log into the account you set up during the first order and place your order.

If you have not ordered, you will need to go to the email you received on Friday, November 2 (to Original Club) or Thursday, November 15 (Club Waiting List) and follow the ordering instructions.

We appreciate your patience during the initial ordering stages.

Note: 1701 Club exclusivity will end on Monday, November 26, 2013

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back