1/350 TOS E is happening.

Well MY shipping confirmation email from Autoworld came and its USELESS! It says 'Your order was shipped via NULL' and the tracking number provided was useless. I dont think USPS is the only issue. Autoworld seems to have its OWN issues.

Turns out I was wrong about delivery, they apparently showed it after I went to bed.
Nearly tripped over the box heading out to work.

Must be an east coast thing having problems with USPS, I usually get great service from them.

If the only difference with the Premier kit is the ability to make different versions I would forego getting another one and just get a standard kit and use the extras from the premier kit. I had thought the Premier came with a lighting kit.

Just FINALLY talked to some one. Yes - if you ordered USPS your order was held for a WEEK. They refunded my shipping for both the premiere kit and the accessory packs order I placed. The guy on the phone said they're probably discontinuing USPS as an option.

Because they SUUUUUUCK.

Strange that they sent mine via UPS not the USPS. I wonder why they are using two carriers?

Well mine left Commerce City, CO this morning af 5:30 am. SO I decided that I should get it in gear and get Paulbo's PE set ordered. :) One more package I have to wait for and I bet it takes less than two weeks to get it too. :D lol

WOW You got a Mirror Universe copy :D

And they're gone. All 1701 kits have been sold. A post on Hobbytalk mentions that the 1701 limit has been reached.:cool

Was there realy any doubt? I knew they were not going to be coming back around saying that their were people who passed would I like another... it was a nice sentiment though...

Jedi Dade

Strange that they sent mine via UPS not the USPS. I wonder why they are using two carriers?

To my knowledge, the free shipping was via UPS only (and the plans were to ship them via that method). USPS Priority was an option on the Autoworld site (presumeably because the normal site was set up that way and there was no way to exclude it as an option if it was going to cause trouble). Considering this was a unique program, I'm not surprised some glitches popped up.

It's my understanding from posts I've read on other forums that your shipping cost is going to be refunded to your credit card.

Well, I'm not going to hold my breath on that one, lol. I can't see them really going out of their way to refund a few people their shipping costs. I know Round 2 said that would be the case, but that doesn't necessarily mean Autoworld will honour that.

Just FINALLY talked to some one. Yes - if you ordered USPS your order was held for a WEEK. They refunded my shipping for both the premiere kit and the accessory packs order I placed. The guy on the phone said they're probably discontinuing USPS as an option.

Because they SUUUUUUCK.

I guess it's a good thing I set my expectations on receiving my kit for the end of November then, lol. And good to hear you got your shipping costs back. Again, with me being up in Canada, I just don't expect the same to be done for me.

To my knowledge, the free shipping was via UPS only (and the plans were to ship them via that method). USPS Priority was an option on the Autoworld site (presumeably because the normal site was set up that way and there was no way to exclude it as an option if it was going to cause trouble). Considering this was a unique program, I'm not surprised some glitches popped up.

I'm not sure exactly how they've got their website set up, but free UPS shipping didn't even come up as an option for me when I placed my order. The only "option" I had was the USPS Priority International, and that was automatically factored in by their checkout system.

I didn't even select anything myself. It just populated the $30.00USD shipping costs into the total without giving me any choice. So, to me, it was a matter of if I wanted to get my reserved copy of the kit, I had better pay the shipping.

EDIT: Just went to their website to see about ordering the all-in-one Accessory Kit, and it's the same deal. Their checkout system automatically populates $24.00USD shipping to Canada, despite the fact it clearly says in green on the product page that shipping is free if the order is over $99.00USD. The free shipping must only apply to US orders. Oh well. I've never been one to get free shipping anyway, lol.

Last edited:
Well mine left Commerce City, CO this morning af 5:30 am. SO I decided that I should get it in gear and get Paulbo's PE set ordered. :)

Arrrggggg! If I had not gone priority I would have it now! I'm always irritated that my packages come at the end of the day because the sort facility in Commerce City is spitting distance from my house. Stupid autoworld system:darnkids Now I won't get it till Saturday or later as it was scanned 3 times yesterday at 5:53am then never seen again :confused the refund on shipping doesn't take away the hurt.:cry Well-shrugs,goes back to building refit while watching TNG.

And they're gone. All 1701 kits have been sold. A post on Hobbytalk mentions that the 1701 limit has been reached.:cool

That is depressing news for those of us who were on stand by. Ticks me off to no end to see idiots posting them on ebay, too. Get the exclusive for your enjoyment, not to profit on.

Last edited:
That is depressing news for those of us who were on stand by. Ticks me off to no end to see idiots posting them on ebay, too. Get the exclusive for your enjoyment, not to profit on.

They do the same thing on the RLC on HotWheels when they come out. A friend of mine collects them and says it happens all the time.

Don't get too upset, I cant imagine they will fetch much of a price except outside of US and Canada..just get the stanadard kit. The premium kit is very un-premium

we got a TShirt, a certificate and the Pilot parts for hardly any more money but MOST importantly we did it so the project would go through. If not for the 1701 Club participants there would BE no kit. We did it to support the kit getting made.

Oh dont believe that the 1701 of us are the only reason they built this..it's because they saw years of sales at hundereds per kit and accesories. If they went through the trouble of getting licensed and developing the kit they were going to sell it

1) The certificate is just a piece of paper.
2) anyone can get the pilot parts foe a bit more then we did.
3) the standard kit which is identical to the premium will be available in a few weeks (minus the pilot parts)

Premium kit = much ado about nothing

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back