1/350 TOS E is happening.

I actually kinda like the right left upside down swapperoo of the engines. the front bussards are upside down too which makes me beleive they just swapped the right and left engines in the program, and to get the "inside" portion of the grill to be on the inside they ahd to flip the engine. hsold be a 10 minute fix in the pprogram I have no doubt. Really looking forward to this. I was kinda jazzed when it was announced- moreso now that I've placed an order.

So if I understand the posts corectly The special edition will include all the parts needed to create all 3 versions of the ship. But we'll still need the "accessory pack" to do the lighting and spinning fan blades etc.

But that alos means that if I get one special and 2 regulars I can build all three versions... Very cool My wife will kill me but still very cool :D

Jedi Dade

Well you also need one to do the destroyed Constellation from "Doomsday Machine"

constsideremasteredlarge.jpg

...the USS Defiant from "Tholian Web" and "In A Mirror Darkly"

USS_Defiant_in_Tholian_drydock%2C_2155.jpg

...plus the 9 other starships in the Fleet and all the various kitbash possibilities. :D

Well you also need one to do the destroyed Constellation from "Doomsday Machine"

...plus the 9 other starships in the Fleet and all the various kitbash possibilities. :D

A true fan will build the entire fleet! :lol

Imagine that display!

I'm waiting for the upgrades to do the Franz Joseph variants. Suddenly this hobby got real 'spensive, Lucy!

If I recall that what was on the AMT Enterprise box when they started including all of the starship names, lol.

"Build the Entire Fleet!"

If you did it with a couple of 1/350's a couple 1/1000's etc.etc. all the way down to the Futura ones you cold do it with a forced perspective approach that would be pretty darn cool... :thumbsup

Jedi Dade

So, is the official line still holding to ONLY 12 of these ships during the original Enterprise's lifetime? That just seems to unlikely with all the ships destroyed during just the 3-year run of TOS!

I mean very little is that concrete beyond the characters' basics in TOS but still this business of "only 12 like her in the Fleet" always kind of stretched credibility to my way of thinking.

Not worried about that new model. I've read the stories of people building them and have always been impressed by the guys that just finish building an Enterprise. My experience with an AMT/ERTL model was enough. I'm happy with the Enterprise-A that Art Asylum put out 6-7 years ago at any rate.

I'm sure most of you guys will fix the new 1/350 scale model when you find the new lightleaks and any details carried over from the Refit version that shouldn't be there.

Be thankful they leaked their CG master online!

Oh, I'm sure they heard many, many Trek fans about it.

We criticize because we care! :love

I was curious... of those individuals who have an MR E, who intends to also build the PL E production version?

Last edited:
I have an MR and I am planing on doing a pilot version PL. I also plan to get another two or three just to make up for the last 40 years!!!!

Sorry, my idle comments should not be mistaken for "the official line". :lol

I remember 12 starships from that line of dialog, "The Making of Star Trek", the AMT packaging, I think the Franz Joseph stuff and I don't recall where else. :)

As to the model, sure, I have an MR and I need the kit do to do a Pilot ship and I don't know what else. Finding room to display them on the other hand might be a problem... :unsure

Hanging them from the ceiling is an option, just like the good ol Smithsonian used to do.
It's big enough to have internal power. Maybe the front deflector area could be held on with magnets giving access to battery.

I've waited too long for this to pass it up. I reserved one limited edition kit, and I'll get at least two of the regular ones. Then I can build both pilot versions and the production one. At least the Cage version doesn't need lights.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back