1/350 TOS E is happening.

For those in the same boat as me (shipping notice but no tracking available - a tracking number has been generated but most likely has not physically shipped) I think I know what's up - Autoworld is only "open" Thursday through Sunday. So I am thinking we won't see any shipping BEGIN until tomorrow. I paid $8.95 USPS priority for nothing, really. Crap store, crap system.

See?
autoworldmaneuver.jpg

I learned long ago not to bother with express shipping.
It will more than likely not be posted for a week or more then UPS runs it up and down the state a few times than it sits at the DC in Sac several days before they deliver it.

In theory my box should show up today.

My PL Enterprise (with free shipping) is scheduled to be delivered (to the east coast) on Friday 11/16. I think I would ask for a shipping refund if I were you Moffeaton

Mine is supposed to be here monday. Probably the most excited i have been for a styrene model kit in along time. Pauls PE is in. I will get my paws on it tommorow. I kinda was hoping the nacell motors were included in the kit. Now i am stuck having to buy their lighting kit anyways just to pull the motors. I am not very impressed with the lights in this video and will probably make my own light setup and sell the light kit from PL.

Star Trek Bussard Teaser - YouTube

For those in the same boat as me (shipping notice but no tracking available - a tracking number has been generated but most likely has not physically shipped) I think I know what's up - Autoworld is only "open" Thursday through Sunday. So I am thinking we won't see any shipping BEGIN until tomorrow. I paid $8.95 USPS priority for nothing, really. Crap store, crap system.

Welcome to my world! I get screwed on shipping all the time just 'cause I live in Alaska. We are a major international hub here, but we still get screwed.

BTW, my only option was to purchase the priority shipping (or other higher air options) from AW. Got me by the short ones, as I have to have this kit after 40+ years of wanting one.

This kit alone is bringing me back into the hobby after years away! A few extra days won't kill me.

Doug

Mine's on its way ... the pisser is UPS's tracking - since I'm having it shipped ground it's only specifically tracked when they do something with it. It left Portland last Saturday and there won't be any updates until it hits a distribution hub on the East Coast (presumably in NJ) on Thursday. It's a pain not seeing any updates for days and days even though I know that it's just that it's stuck on the truck/train/what-have-you.

I"ll build this in a dog's age so not really bent on when I get it. But the lighting kit I want to wire up and demo the FX right away.

I got my kit today.

No special shipping costs, never got a notice it was shipping.

It just appeared 15 minutes ago.

Last edited:
Well, as I reside in the "Great White North" of Canada, I had to pay about $30.00USD shipping for my Premiere Edition kit, although I'd made the assumption that shipping was free to all 1701 Club members. Was a little bit annoyed with that at first.

In retrospect, I'm kinda glad I did, because the only e-mail I got regarding shipment was one that clearly stated it had been shipped, not just that a shipping label had been generated or what not.

My kit shipped out by Priority Mail International on 11/09/12, and although no estimated delivery date was given, considering the fact I'm up here and my package will have to deal with the Customs folks at the border, I optimistically expect to receive my kit by the end of the month.

Not being sarcastic about that or anything, honestly. I figure if I receive it by month's end, that's good enough for me. Not going to stress myself out over how long it'll take to get to me; I'll get it when I get it.

Hell, the way I see it, I've waited all this time for this particular kit to come along, a few more days or an extra week won't kill me :p lol

I placed my order in this morning, I'm 1574! They must have leftovers since the cutoff date was midnight last night.

Well, as I reside in the "Great White North" of Canada, I had to pay about $30.00USD shipping for my Premiere Edition kit, although I'd made the assumption that shipping was free to all 1701 Club members...
It's my understanding from posts I've read on other forums that your shipping cost is going to be refunded to your credit card.

Ha, beat you to it. My order# is 1573. I just got the order email from
Round 2 at 12:40 EST this morning.

Anyone happen to know how to get all of the 1701 update emails?
I was late joining the club and only received the last 3-4 emails. I
originally found pdfs on the web for a couple of the first updates but
they have since disappeared. I realize they didn't want these email
contents posted but there must be some way for club member to get
back issues.

I placed my order in this morning, I'm 1574! They must have leftovers since the cutoff date was midnight last night.

Just FINALLY talked to some one. Yes - if you ordered USPS your order was held for a WEEK. They refunded my shipping for both the premiere kit and the accessory packs order I placed. The guy on the phone said they're probably discontinuing USPS as an option.

Because they SUUUUUUCK.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back