1/350 TOS E is happening.

Pretty sure the e-mail said you had 14 days from the time you got the email last Friday. That would be next Friday. I'll have to double check the wording. If it is the 14th no big deal, I can still get it.

Yes, all 1701 members are guarunteed one kit, you have two weeks to pay. If someone does not pay, the extras will be offered to those who wanted more than one Premiers kit.

I'm giving them a call tomorrow though they may be closed for Veterans Day. That will give me only a day to get my order in before the 14th deadline, I'm hoping they will extend for those of us that did not receive the Nov 2nd email. I got all the others so it's not my spam filter.

Can we tack the nacelle caps on with Future, I wonder... Then it'd be easy to get back in.

Micro Krystal Klear or a similar white glue compound should do the job nicely for putting the domes on. Provided there is no weight being supported by the dome mount in front of the nested cone ring detail, it might work fine for that area as well, so the entire front half could potentially be dismounted. If part of the nacelle endcap motor is supported there though, it will likely need serious gluing or the torque from the rotation over time might break the glue bond.

I've beem considering on my model if I do go with a pilot version of the ship, I still would like to keep the bussard collector lights and motors (in combination with the endcap spikes), figuring perhaps the producers might have gone with that if they could have (and tint the clear bits in such a way that they look deep red when unpowered). It will be an interesting challenge, that is for sure.

Micro Krystal Klear or a similar white glue compound should do the job nicely for putting the domes on. Provided there is no weight being supported by the dome mount in front of the nested cone ring detail, it might work fine for that area as well, so the entire front half could potentially be dismounted. If part of the nacelle endcap motor is supported there though, it will likely need serious gluing or the torque from the rotation over time might break the glue bond.

I've beem considering on my model if I do go with a pilot version of the ship, I still would like to keep the bussard collector lights and motors (in combination with the endcap spikes), figuring perhaps the producers might have gone with that if they could have (and tint the clear bits in such a way that they look deep red when unpowered). It will be an interesting challenge, that is for sure.

The only weight being supported by the dome would be the spike (if doing the pilot version). The motor is securely mounted to the part right behind the dome, in front of the circular grills.

I just realized that the fanblade part might be problematic to remove depending on how tightly it fits to the motor hub. It's probably not too bad (and the fit can be adjusted) and the motor could be tacked in with hot glue or somesuch so that it could be easily removed for replacement, if necessary.

Called ROund 2 this AM, it seems they never created an account in the system for me. I'm all set now but if you didn't get the Nov 2 email call them right away

Shipping notice received but not sure for what - kit, light kit or brass? Oh well, will find out soon enough.

Doug
It *should* only be for the kit itself. SFAIK the other items aren't available yet.

Got my shipping notice. Tracking show's it's left Portland ... now it's the lack of tracking updates 'til Wednesday night or Thursday while the truck or rail car or whatever winds its way across the country.

Called ROund 2 this AM, it seems they never created an account in the system for me. I'm all set now but if you didn't get the Nov 2 email call them right away

Ya I never received the nov 2 email either, but got one friday that said if I don't go through i will lose my place.

I'm bummed out that the placement number now does not equal the kit #.

I was #2

I got my shipping notice last week and checked it out on the UPS tracking site. UPS says that the label was created for the package on Nov 6, 2012 and "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

This is what it said on Friday, 3 days after the label was created for UPS. Ande still today it says the same thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Ya I never received the nov 2 email either, but got one friday that said if I don't go through i will lose my place.

I'm bummed out that the placement number now does not equal the kit #.

I was #2

Yes I know, I'm order number 1304 because of their mistake

i got my shipping notice last week and checked it out on the ups tracking site. Ups says that the label was created for the package on nov 6, 2012 and "a ups shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

this is what it said on friday, 3 days after the label was created for ups. Ande still today it says the same thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

mine also :(

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back