MGS4 Raiden WIP UPDATE 6/27

precious

5715129273_69fc3af51e_b.jpg

After wanting to make this costume for over one and a half years, I finally started working on it. This is my first time sculpting, molding, and casting, so it's definitely a learning experience. My plan is, in short, to sculpt and cast the arms and legs in silicone onto a mannequin that is my scale (I'm a tall girl!), make a foam muscle suit to fill it out properly and make me look more masculine, and then make the leotard with the detail pieces.

I started out by roughly shaping the arm and armor.
5715129283_a9d283cd53_b.jpg

And then smoothing it out....

5715129275_26649b6fdd_b.jpg

And then adding the muscle texture.

5715129281_f09ac33590_b.jpg

5715129285_6f7d6ca3c0_b.jpg

And that's where I'm at right now! The armor/smooth parts were dinged up when I added the texture, but I'm going to finish smoothing and texturing the other arm before I touch it up.

Last edited:
Re: MGS4 Raiden WIP

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like it.

Kommissar- I've just been waiting to get to a point where it actually looked like something recognizable!

Anyways, while I've been working on the other arm, my husband has been working on the headpiece:

5732042756_dcbb956fa2_b.jpg

Re: MGS4 Raiden WIP Update 5/17

Looking forward to seeing your progress, very impressed with your work, the helm your husbandis making looks spot on

Re: MGS4 Raiden WIP UPDATE 5/25

I hope this doesn't fade out before its finished, too many times have i watched things that are going awesome turn into a 2 year old post on some forum.

This is superb work, I'd love to see the rest.

Im working on something similar in my spare time... planning to finish off snakes suit, simply because my father is a fitness buff who looks exactly like old-snake lol.

Precious, this looks amazing for someone with experience never mind a first sculpt! I can't wait to see the first pull.

NasalHair- Unless I somehow destroy everything, while fiberglassing, I'll definitely finish this project. I've been wanting to do Raiden for two years now, so there's no way I'd just forget about it. Good luck with Old Snake's suit; I hope you post your progress on here! I made it for my husband, and it's a real pain in the butt to make, but worth it in the end!

Darthchiro- Wow, thank you so much! I'm a fan of your work, so that means a lot to me.

pitchforknumb- It's made out of styrene and apoxie sculpt, with a wood backing on the ears.

Looking great! That is tight sculpting. No slop!

Are you worried about using a mannequin instead of a personal body cast? DO your basic proportions line up fairly well?

Nick

Nick- In theory, it should be fine as most of the measurements are the same as mine. The only differences I've found are that the forearms and calves are a bit longer than mine, so I'm just making the sculpt not go all the way down. To fill out the suit better, I'm making a muscle suit. I lucked out in that I'm 5'10", so finding a similar male mannequin wasn't hard.

Muscle suit with a rubber skin. That sound very warm for a convention. You are truly dedicated. :)

Can't wait to see this come together.

Metal gear forever!

Nick

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back