Assassins Creed Hidden Blade

Does anyone here have a tutorial for a a working assassins creed hidden blade? It seems near impossible to make a full functioning one, but this guy seems to have the best one to date.

YouTube - Ammnra Assassin's Creed Hidden Blade Detail

The one available for purchase is said to fall apart and not work at all

Im also looking for accurate vambraces as well

I've seen a lot of tutorials on YouTube, just simply type in Assassins Creed Hidden Blade Tutorial, plenty to look at. If I may so, they're relatively simple to make as well and that's the worrying bit..
It's quite a worry because lots of the users making them are pretty much kids basically. It's crazy.
Anyway, hope I helped!

Alex

well, many of the tutorials out there are not as accurate as this one. the blade goes out but you have to push it in by hand again. I would love to try and build one like this on the youtube clip. that is full functioning. which is a lot cooler when cosplaying. :)
/D

well, many of the tutorials out there are not as accurate as this one. the blade goes out but you have to push it in by hand again. I would love to try and build one like this on the youtube clip. that is full functioning. which is a lot cooler when cosplaying. :)
/D

I too have seen a lot of working ones. I've seen ones where there's like a little ring around the thumb and when you tilt your arm back (as you need to) the blade comes shooting out just like Ezio's. Very impressive work. I'm just so surprised there's young people making this out of just every day household items. It's crazy!
I'm sure I saw this one guy who made the whole deal, he made TWO hidden blades with the blades that extend like in the game, he also had the brace and everything, very impressive. Apparently it was all homemade. Thing was about that video he kept on whining saying 'These aren't for sale!" or "No, I will not make them by order blah blah blah." That kind of deal.
Personally, I wouldn't make one for myself, I wouldn't trust myself with sharp blades as I would probably slice my wrist open.
Haha.

yeah i have never seen one this good looking and functional. on his youtube page he mentioned he might do a run but i doubt that would happen. does anyone know about the licensed one? unfortunately it not allowed to be shipped to california

anyone on here in nevada? lol

Well, the best part with the one in the YouTube link is that it's plastic. Which have 2 pros. 1: it cost less with shipping than metal would, 2: it's no longer a sharp/deadly toy. Might not even be considered a weapon. Though I'm not familiar with many laws in the U.S. only the Swedish laws. :p
/D

I would love to see your ideas darted! :)

The otf switchblade is indeed a good start, but not 100 accurate in theory.
The hidden blade is actually a 2 piece blade that shoots.out, therefore u get the proper length of the blade. If u use switchblade it's a single piece which only gives a blade as long as your forearm.

And we want the full accuracy from this great game series, we won't settle at less ;)
/D

Most of all the youtube videos seem to use the same method which is the drawer-slide method. I would love to see one that pops out and retracts, i know the offical licensed on does and that one i posted in the video above..

has anyone come across accurate vambraces?

The Official Hidden blade is great and worth the money, it's probably the most accurate thing you can get without busting your arse and running a lot stuff/wasting money, I've blown about the cost of one of them trying to build my own, and I still haven't finished it, I can't find the right springs to make it pull back.

Anyway, as for the Vambraces, you'll have to build them to make the accurate.

Or head over to Cosplay.com and shoot Forcebewitya a message about commissioning him for some of his.

Most of all the youtube videos seem to use the same method which is the drawer-slide method. I would love to see one that pops out and retracts, i know the offical licensed on does and that one i posted in the video above..

has anyone come across accurate vambraces?

The official licensed AC1 blade does NOT pop out automatically. Theres a knob that you need to slide on it. it is however a two stage, though I can't remember why it didn't extend further than the casing. The inside often has rust because they're buillt in humid India. Some buyers really like it though, but I don't particularly care for it.
YouTube - ‪Assassin's Creed Hidden Blade Replica - ITA - 2/2‬‏

Their AC2 dagger is complete crap. You'll see the two stages in the images, but only the lil 4" tip extends & retracts, which means that you'll have a big clunky second stage sitting in front of your hand. Stay away from it if you know whats good for you. Ezio's hidden blade from the Assassin's Creed video game series - UGO.com

You can mod the blade to go out using that knob by adding a wire to it, it's easy and it's accurite as during that time period they would pull it out then the blade would retract itself, not both.

I am making a fully functioning one based off of the pictures and Leonardo's drawing featured in the game. The OTF method actually gives you a longer blade than the way I am making it. Because the siscoring arms that Leonardo drew take up space my blade only comes out to the end of my finger tips. Which depending on what image you look at from the game and concept art is actually accurate. :lol

[edit] I just went down into the shop and I think if i do a few modifications and some careful welding (kinda teaching myself how to arc weld as I go) then I may be able to lengthen the extension another 2-3 inches. Then I can just use some sheet metal to make it look better and more accurate. I'm going to spend a lot of time working on this tomorrow. If you guys want I can let you know how it goes. [End Edit]

Last edited:
I'll definitely going to take pictures don't worry. Just snapped my metal cutting jig saw blade that'll slow me down a little bit but i may still have this thing knocked out in the next few days.

Honestly with how much work I've put into it I'm highly considering looking into the patent process :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back