Source for Replica M38's with working optics?

Jm419

Sr Member
I've recently acquired a resin E-11, and while the casting is clean and sharp, there are dozens of pinholes in the scope, which is clearly a different part. I've always wanted to look down the barrel of a Stormtrooper rifle, and that's kinda difficult with a solid resin scope anyway.

So, I'm curious - does anyone offer a replica M38 scope with working optics? I'm not willing to pay $150 for one, but I was hoping someone might have an idea on a source for them where they cost maybe half that, but still function as a scope.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
James

You can get them at the place that sells the replica E-11's that really shoot. :lol J/K! I've never seen one but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Take a drill, drill out your existing resin one and plop in some lenses... If you think or expect to find a reproduction working offset optics scope for much less than the $70 or so that the real scope can be had for with diligence I think you are in for an uphill battle...

Exoray, that's probably what I'll end up doing. Thanks, guys. If there's one, let me know. But, hey - resin scopes are like $15, so if I screw up, well, not a big problem.

If there's one, let me know.

There were a few brass replicas made over the years, I don't know if any were hollow and workable... I believe some people have even cast them in clear so that at least light shines though... The big issue is the fact the front and back lenses are offset, and that overly complicates a simple 'workable' replica...

Right. I don't understand scopes enough to make a working one from lenses and mirrors, so I was just curious if someone here happened to know that.

Thanks, guys.

Yup, the bronze ones get light in there but you can't really sight through it. Also, even if you got a real one, I believe when you look through it the image is upside down.

I don't know how many times it was done but the first time was about 10 years. It was a two part project. Someone (I forget who) cast the scopes in solid brass. Then once the buyers received the scopes, they sent the solid scopes to someone else (I think Boba Debt) as a group project. He milled them out, added faux lenses to each end and made it soe the ends could screw on and olf like the real scope.

The project was not menat to reproduce the optic effects of a real scope. It think reproducing real scope optics would be expensive and difficult (although I do not really know anything about it so I could be wrong) but it did add another level of detail and helped the replica scope achieve a realistic weight. As a solid brass replica, the piece was very heavy.

Saw this one its [removed] a real one its got a counter too?

Sorry new to posting here.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back