Rocky I accurate gloves and shorts?

thegreatgalling

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang. Laying the foundation for a 1:1 Rocky thanks to Howard. I am trying to pinpoint Rocky's gloves in the final scene of Rocky I. I could have sworn his gloves were red with a white Everlast label, but a pic seemed to indicate another brand. Anyone know?

Also, for now I am going to stick to the $90 eBay Rocky I robe,
but advice on his white shorts with red stripe and boots would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Now that I think about it, I should have put this in the costume section. My first thought was that gloves were props.

UPDATE: Some independent research turned up that Rocky used Casanova gloves in the first film, which were and are, incidentally, illegal to use in the United States due to their lack of padding. Stallone is credited to have said the filmakers preferred their sleaker look despite the actual harm he and Carl Weathers endured.

See a pair here:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rvFBG1ijPwQ/Syte_aluIgI/AAAAAAAAAVo/EiBwqQzN2uY/s1600-h/Casanovagloves.jpg

Last edited:
hey

i just thought i would confirm for you what you already know, we like to get things right around here :love

glovesy.jpg

Yeah. I'm surprised I haven't hear anything about these here. And that's a pretty big statement for DS to call them exact replicas. I do think they will suit my purposes so I bought a pair on Amazon since I'm in the US. Thanks SP for the link anyway.

Still looking for his white and red striped everlast shorts. I really didn't think it would be so hard to track down this stuff.

yep ive drawn a blank too, even the Everlast web site doesnt sell these.

the closest i can find is Red with white stripe on another web site

Just FYI, I went with Title Boxing and had them custom make white shorts with a red waist and trim. I decided to go with no patch since I could always Frankenstein and sew on an Everlast label if it bothers me.

Last edited:
great stuff, i didnt realise Title did custom work, that will teach me to read the web site more closely

looking forward to seeing your progress on this :thumbsup

Wow. I was this close to spending $300 on real Casanova gloves.

Looks like Diamond Select's "Go the Distance Gloves" DO have a replica Casanova patch!

http://www.wigix.com//images/skuima...-Boxing-Gloves-Replica-2007_2167895_20476.JPG

ouve got me hooked on this now :angry have you a link to where you can buy the gloves they look great and would go well with my collection ive got a signed Tommy the Hitman hearns glove that ive yet to get framed and display

1002095m.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back