Red Dwarf Rimmer's H

DoctorWho

I just finished re-watching all the episodes of Red Dwarf on Netflix. I love that show so much.
I did a search looking for Rimmer's H wanting to see what was out there, but had no luck finding pics or replicas. I might try to buy or make one - prefer to buy, but want to see who has made themselves into a hologram and what the best H is. What have they been made of? What font is used? etc. If I like what I see, I might try to make my own.

Last edited:
I've made a few over the years. I found holographic foil that looked almost perfect (at least that's what I thought at the time). As far as I can tell the earlier ones at least were made out of foam or foam board with holographic material glued on. I doubt that they stuck to any particular font. Most likely just cut them out by hand. Was even thinking of doing a run at one point but figured it would've been a bit too much hassle- they're tricky little things to get perfect. They did get a little more elaborate towards the end and looked a bit like Times New Roman or something. If one were inclined to do lots of them I'd probably look into getting a cutting pattern made so that they can be stamped out.

I would love it, if someone did a run. I used to get episodes of this show on VHS, from my local Library, and watch it on the weekends. :)

Heres a papercraft template i put together a while back not checked size yet but its not locked so can be scaled :D
Any changes needed let me know, im working on a fair few Red Dwarf projects again so should be back on here more been ill and have bad social anxiety so shut myself away, but i`m trying to be more active on forums again now :D

There were a few different ones from simple to one that looked like metal with rivets as I recall.

Post some pics of ones you like with the size you think they are and I'll see about drawing something in SolidWorks and post them on Shapeways. You can order in whatever material...probably even steel. You would only need to pay for ShapeWays services.

A few rounded up on the interwebs. Surprisingly poopy image quality.

rimmer03.jpg

As I recall this is that plastic that has the pattern that moves depending on what angle you look at it. Can't really do anything about that on SW.
rimmer02.jpg

Best guessing for sizing I came up with 39mm diameter. I drew it 2.75mm thick. It appears to be black in the picture.

Good news everyone, it's on Shapeways now for everyone to buy in black for $6.95 if you follow this link. :)
H2 by SLK on Shapeways
(The text only shows on one side, it's smooth on the front.)

Bad news is that Shapeways has $25 minimum purchase. :rolleyes

H.jpg

Last edited:
Can't seem to find a green version anywhere in the UK that matches the series 3/4 Rimmer badge :-( haven't got any decent screen grabs, it seems a green/gold colour :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back