anyone ever customize their 2 foot tall B9 lost in space robot?

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi,

I've been wanting to do something my 2ft RC B9 robot for years now. he sits on top of my steps and is the first thing people see when they enter my house. I really wanted to spice it up with lights and a nice paint job but not sure where to start.

has anyone every customized theirs? I'd love to see any others fellow B9 have done to theirs.

$%28KGrHqR,%21h%21E2e2gC%28qqBN%29zS%21Y%28Bg%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Hi,
has anyone every customized theirs? I'd love to see any others fellow B9 have done to theirs.
Well, it's not the RC, but the 15 1/2" Japanese talking vinyl model. I painted it up like the first season, but boy did those claws need to be totally redone! I spent hours on them!
B9robot001.jpg

B9robot002.jpg

B9robot003.jpg

Thats a nice job on your B9! I love the dials and pincer claws! well done!

the problem with mine is the center dials and colored knobs is just a plastic sticker so I wanna find a perfect LED kit to capture the look of the origingal im guessing i can fit some 3mm leds in there. I wanna do it justice :)

Looks great Chrisisall!

Yeah NONE of the licensed B9 toys and models ever got the claws and arms right. Fixing those would really help B9 look like himself though!

I have the 2 foot RC as well, and mocked up a comparison shot once upon a time, but completely "accurizing" him would be nearly impossible I think.

Just fixing the arms, adding a "real" control panel, and a total repaint would go along way though. Replace those horrible shoulder hooks. Trimming down the foot-tread section to make it less wide would also help.

tm-24-compare.jpg

good work on filling up that hole. came out great!

Im thinking a good silver finish paint job on my b9, so small 3mm led's, and some fake knobs will help give this guy some life. The only other thing would be to upgrade the rc functions on it. can't wait to plot this out.

good work on filling up that hole. came out great!
Thanks!
Actually, the 'gauntlets' attached to the claws are noticeably too large IMO, they'd never fit into the body recesses, but they still look so nice anyway that I'm reluctant to redo them...:rolleyes
Im thinking a good silver finish paint job on my b9, so small 3mm led's, and some fake knobs will help give this guy some life. The only other thing would be to upgrade the rc functions on it. can't wait to plot this out.
That'd do a lot.
I'd do up my Robot with LEDs and such, but it's already assembled (built it in '94), and tearing down the bubble would be a horrifying task, I think.:eek

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back