Patrick Read Johnson's 5-25-77 (Post-release)

re: Patrick Read Johnson's 5-25-77

Bumping this thread to see what's going on. I've been following this movie since '06 and I really hope to someday see it in theaters- or at least on my tv. Any word on this, Ringa? Or if not, what do you think is going to happen to this film?

Looks pretty interesting from the trailer. In fact, it's the only trailer I've seen all year that's made me want to see the movie.

So did I - all anyone got was the realization that we gave Wasili interest free loans with our hard earned cash, when he perpetually failed to deliver kits. It was maddening and I am still irritated. We got our money back, but it was a gigantic pain in the butt. Soured me to the whole pre-pay dynamic with every kit offer going forward, and made me hell bent on making a Landspeeder one day.

Then I got the plans, drafted by a talented individual who laid hands on the full scale prop, and can still make that happen... MicDavis and I both have 'em, and we both want to make patterns independent of each other. We are both also extremely busy. I have tried hooking up with a 3D fella to help me parse the data, but apparently EVERYONE IS A TOTAL UNMITIGATED FLAKE. Can you tell I am frustrated? I even offered money for their time, and nothin'

If there is a computer jockey that can understand cad data and translate it to something I can use, we can SLA some of the more compound curvy forms, and make a "studio scale" 1/6th kit. Rotocast resin, fiberglass, vac-formed PTEG windscreen - no sweat. Here's some history:

http://www.therpf.com/f10/ss-landspeeder-first-drawing-post-17-a-43246/

I saw it at CIV as well and I didn't think it was as bad as some have said in this thread. I've been looking forward to the movie and somewhat disappointed that it's been pushed back so many times.

Is it still alive?

Here's a little update: I just met a guy on Reddit who said he worked on the film. He said that the last time he met the director, he sold him his iPhone "so do the math".

Probably not a good sign.

Here's a little update: I just met a guy on Reddit who said he worked on the film. He said that the last time he met the director, he sold him his iPhone "so do the math".

Probably not a good sign.

Seems like too much speculation based on selling of an iPhone.

Well the director Patrick Read Johnson just posted 46 images from the movie on his Facebook profile via his iPhone. So I am guessing he just sold his old iPhone for a new one.

Re: 5-25-77

I was flicking through the stations the other night and I saw a thing called Fanboys, is that it?

You'll upset Jedifyfe.

10045-fanboys3.jpg

Are you sure that Fanboys isn't "77" under another name?
It seems like the same general idea.

Last edited:

When Gary Kurtz was in Toronto this past august, my girlfriend, who saw a rough cut at Celebration 4, asked him what happened. It's basically a financing/money issue to finish the film

At WonderFest this year, I gave a private, impromptu screening of some of the scenes at the heart of the film for my friends. They really seemed to like it a lot, as I do.

This film will touch many people when it's eventually released. You don't have to be a Sci-Fi geek to appreciate it. In fact, I screened it for a friend who never saw Star Wars. She said it was the story that hooked her. Isn't that what all the best movies should do?

I know that Patrick Read Johnson is not going to let it fade away. He said that it is just in limbo for now.

I want to see a movie about "77".

It would be a movie about a movie about a movie.

I want to see a movie about "77".

It would be a movie about a movie about a movie.

More like a movie about movies... Star Wars, 2001, Close Encounters, Jaws, POTA, etc., etc., etc.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back