SS X-Wing mounting blocks

Darth Infamous

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just recieved my SS Xwing form a fellow board member and boy its a beauty. I love it. Thanks bro. :)
I cant wait to get started on it. My question is are there different Wing mounting blocks? The one I have seems to be different from some pics Ive seen of others Xwings. Were there variations in the production of the CC and Salzo kits?

Carl

As I understand it, the blocks were changed at some point to ease assembly. Not certain of the particulars. Same is true of a few other pieces, like the laser cannons.

Are you speaking about the OPEN and CLOSED wing block options? Or the fact that the blocks physically changed in shape, size, fitting or color from the original CC kit?

The blocks I have are the open position. I just recieved an email from Mike that the blocks were indeed altered to be more accurate to the studio version. The original Cc version I believe had the gear type look while the Salzo one is like the originals. Although i like the idea of accuracy I kinda dug the way the gearing looked esp all weathered. Can anyone post closeups of these area? Especially showing the differences. Im kinda on the fence with it. Does anyone know if the 3foot Red 3 had gear detail?
Thanks

Carl

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Aug 15 2006, 12:02 AM) [snapback]1300681[/snapback]</div>
Are you speaking about the OPEN and CLOSED wing block options? Or the fact that the blocks physically changed in shape, size, fitting or color from the original CC kit?
[/b]

The original CC kit had 2 gear looking details inside the "V", and was less solid . It changed in the Salzo kit to a more accurate* raised plate pattern in the "V" and now a solid block.

*As I recall can be seen in photos of the Red2 studio model.

Ha. Carl beat me to it :)

Our own swpropmaker mastered the new wing blocks. I like them allot better than the original ones Scott was sending out.

G

<div class='quotetop'>(Jades Dark Heart @ Aug 15 2006, 05:52 AM) [snapback]1300781[/snapback]</div>
Our own swpropmaker mastered the new wing blocks. I like them allot better than the original ones Scott was sending out.

G
[/b]
In all things... I know how Steve N. prides himeself on accuracy to the originals,... so I think the new blocks must be kewl. I never noticed the difference... but I am not a model master like you guys. :p

However,... the man wants the original CC block... so how does he get one?

[/quote]
:p

[/quote]

I'll sell him mine . . . I'm using Steves blocks on my CC kit . . . PM me.

Ryan

Ya kill me KG :lol :lol Thanks for asking.

Ryan - PM sent

Carl

G
[/quote]
In all things... I know how Steve N. prides himeself on accuracy to the originals,... so I think the new blocks must be kewl. I never noticed the difference... but I am not a model master like you guys. :p

[/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Infamous @ Aug 15 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]1301105[/snapback]</div>

Carl

[/b]

Kewl. :p

I really look forward to seeing what ya do with them on your X beastie. :D

Thanks guys for the input. Ive a new set of old blocks coming my way. :)
KG- Ive started the assembly process now. Its quite a awesome kit and well done to. I have a lot of good reference for the weathering.

Carl

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Aug 16 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]1301599[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Infamous @ Aug 15 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]1301105[/snapback]

Carl

[/b]

Kewl. :p

I really look forward to seeing what ya do with them on your X beastie. :D
[/b][/quote]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back