Witch King of Angmar

Pics of the helmet work:

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

I stand in awe of your work, Elric (bet those pauldrons give you grief when wearing them, though).
Can we see a picture of you wearing it, please?

The armor doesnt weigh all that much since it is made of relatively light 22ga steel. It is more encumbering than heavy once the shoulder armor is on since that restricts my arm movements. In general the gauntlets are a pain to wear. I will weigh myself once I have all of the pieces on at once. Right now Im just working on making sure all of the pieces fit together and the straps are proper

Funny you should ask Amish. The whole reason I started this build was because I saw the guys at kropserkl were making this and when I inquired as to the cost, found out that they charge $9000!!!!!! I decided to make it myself and have saved around $8600 in the process!

Thats amazing...yes there stuff is art but a car's worth...hmmmm If I had an ounce of your metal fabricating skills... I would be happy with just a gauntlet to make a display.... Now dress up mount a horse and smoke a pack of non filter pal mals and get a raspy voice lol

funny you should mention the voice as well Amish....I have downloaded sound clips from the movies of this character's few lines and will be playing them through little speakers mounted in the helmet using an Ipod.

Seeing your armor and hearing how ya made it, brings me back to when I worked at an Armory. Back then I too did all the metal work with a Hammer(s) and Anvil. Loved when we got our first piece of Machinery that hammered repeatedly, Fluting became so much easier, lol..
Great work...Although we did make a Suit of Armor out of Silver for Michael JAckson back in the day...and made the original Thor armor...ok it was for that 80's Hulk episode where Thor liked to keep running the Armor through the Ocean, heh.. ahh the memories

Wow, this is coming off great!! I'd also love to see you wear the whole armor... *pretty please* :$ The iPod in the helmet is a fun idea too!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back