Supernatural EMF detector

Thanks for the suggestion. Some of the parts are really hard to find, so I think kits would be difficult.

She's not kidding about the difficulty of getting all the accurate parts! I hunted for all the parts for a static version of one of these (I found everything eventually except for the back cover) and I wouldn't want to do it again if I had the choice of buying one of RPFKOV's! I had to scrounge through one-of-a-kind-bin sales on and off line just to scrounge together what I needed.

Plus it was expensive; I had to pay out the wazoo for one of those accurate meters shipped to the US from the UK.

My apologies, when I was building it for my daughter's birthday, I didn't keep track of parts, costs or take photos, I was just trying to get it done in time.

Some pieces can be found online, but some are from surplus places here in Toronto, from digging through bins. I'll be posting a parts list in the thread when I get a chance to write one as well as some "how to" photos.

:)

Been re-watching Supernatural for journal screen shots when I caught this on Season 1, Episode 15:Shadow. I see dip switches...

ep15shadowEMFa_zpsf0a9fe2c.png

- - - Updated - - -

BTW - finished my take on the EMF tonight. My thanks to RPFKOV and all the other contributors to this thread and forum!

EMF2_zpsc9d8ecb1.jpg

Hi, I'm new to this site and I just came across this thread. I just wanted to say if anyone has one for sale if will pay ANYTHING lol I've been looking everywhere! Please?
Thanks haha.... Or at least show me how to make one? AHH I'm going crazy! xD

Hi, I'm new to this site and I just came across this thread. I just wanted to say if anyone has one for sale if will pay ANYTHING lol I've been looking everywhere! Please?
Thanks haha.... Or at least show me how to make one? AHH I'm going crazy! xD

I'm making a few for sale later in the year, feel free to PM me.

I have some of the parts for this project, but I haven't been able to find the project box. It seems to have a metal top. I'll post my reference photos too. It uses an analogue meter plus digital readout on the LCD screen.

I am pretty sure I found it. I think it is this turned up side down. Light Gray with black ends.

GFEMF1a_zpsa00230bc.png

You can see the raised ridged strip (red arrow) and one of the two visible screws (green arrow) in this screen grab. The enclosure is turned up side down.

I wonder what the little screen is from?

GFEMFtwoa_zps9b21cca1.png

Has to be one of my favorite threads so far. I love builds that aren't about recasting, etc. but are about identifying or making the real thing. There's just no way you can cast this kind of thing and it's got a style and functionality you'll never get any other way.

RPFKOV it's nice to see someone else driving analog meters with an Arduino. I've had some pretty good driving a few for several projects. If you put a trim pot on the meter, you can adjust it to get really precise meter needle position control via PWM. Which reminds me I need to finish up my Metro 2033 Rail Gun. Just got a supply of 15mm ball bearings for the ammo...

BTW is there any kind of a parts source/summary post?

You can see the raised ridged strip (red arrow) and one of the two visible screws (green arrow) in this screen grab. The enclosure is turned up side down.

I wonder what the little screen is from?

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/boozee2/GFEMFtwoa_zps9b21cca1.png

The screen is probably a basic 16x2 Character LCD. Some project boxes come with punchouts that fit the standard size of these screens. It's a little more than 3" long, how does that fit with the size of the box?
9622349382_9673890878_n.jpg

The drawing shows the outside width of the box is 3.677" wide, and the width of the Draper meter face is a little smaller than 2.5", so with those ratio's I bet you are right.

I think that the meter part is not a Draper meter but an analogue panel meter. There are boxes and boxes of them in the electronics surplus store that I go to. They are quite deep though, 3/4"-1", that would explain why they put it in such a large/deep project box.

9622806546_edca0a4e55_o.jpg

9619570011_3d9b7d5813_o.jpg

9622806650_1058758282_o.jpg

Not this exact one, but something similar. Note the clear plastic goes all the way around.

Excellent catch. I just started looking for screen grabs late last night. Are these images from the Hell Hounds episode? Or the later one with the blond woman? I got mine from the S3 episode "Ghostfacers"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back