First Helmet Mold, what Material?

Sisko4

I am going to make my first full Helmet Mold with Smooth On Products this Time.

I want to make some Copies of my ODST Helmet for own Use, so i need some Help.
I have some Molding Experience with little Parts und Army Helmets, but this is going something bigger than regular.

Should i make a One Piece or 2 Piece Mold?

What Products from Smooth On are the best for this Step? I only need Silicones, have enough Material for Mothermolds.
How much should i buy from the Materials?

I never used Smooth On Silicones yet, because i must order them in Germany, in Austria we dont have them, just some regular Silicones and they are not the very best.

SmoothOn's Rebound 25 is excellent. It is a brushable material and will give you a nice one-piece mold that you can remove from your helmet model like a glove. You'll probably need to make a two-piece mother mold over the top of it, though.

Not sure abt smooth on, but I use rtv silicone here in the uk.

I use a pour 1st layer, maybe 2nd, then brush on thickened silicone on top of it.

I like 2 part molds, but if u are only makng a few for urself, then u prob get away w a glove mold

Nate

I used RTV Silicones before i found a great Store in Germany, wich is the only one in Europe who sells US Products.

Made a few Molds with RTV, but they don´t hold very long and are more expensive, also don´t very tearproof.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back