Ron Cobb APC modeled by Andrew Pace

I think there is no debate on what happend but the question is what do you really want,
you dont have to ask the questions who, why where anymore, you know what happened.
Btw, bambam is an one man show, Dave is Bambam.
I doubt though he has done on purpose, what he did, he is not that type of guy.

I dunno, looks to me he is EXACTLY that kind of guy.
He found some images on a hobbyist forum that he assumed were posted by a hobbyist.
He figured he could use those images for his own gain without bothering to ask if he could use them.
Upon finding out that they were done by folks who earn their living in the graphics field,
he is shotgunning contradictory responses and making the injured parties
(the Pace brothers) out to be the bad guys.

I'm reminded of my deal to make the "Serenity" Simon baton with Blufive as an example of how a deal SHOULD be done.
He had something I wanted, I had something he wanted.
We worked out a trade, sent material back and forth through the mail,
and we both got what we agreed to.

This Dave Davis of BAMBAM Models sounds like a guy who takes what he wants when he thinks he can get away with it.

I was interested in a Razorback to complement my small Aliens collection.

pennausamike
ffpics013j.jpg

But seeing as how I count Yellowjacket among my online friends,
I wouldn't ever be happy seeing that kit sitting with my Halcyon.

Mike

I doubt though he has done on purpose, what he did, he is not that type of guy.

He may not be that 'type of guy' to you, but he didn't mock you on the phone.

I worked with a guy named Dallas Anderson. Dallas was/is/and always will be one of the worst people I have ever known. Just to give you an idea what this Dallas is like...he once tried to throttle a nurse. Yep. The hospital was less than 10 days late on a graphic design bill, so he attacked a nurse at the front desk of the hospital. Later that same year he punched a 12 year old in the face for not playing with his son at the pool. The kid just didn't know his son and didn't want to play with him. Dallas punched him in the face. He also attacked his own business partner's son with a box knife for not letting him touch a machine that had just been calibrated.

That said, after three long years working with Dallas because I couldn't afford to look for another job, the conversation I had with David Davis was worse than any Dallas interchange I can remember over three years.

Dave may not be 'that kind of guy', but he sure has acted like 'that kind of guy'.

I think there is no debate on what happend but the question is what do you really want, you dont have to ask the questions who, why where anymore, you know what happened.

I know that they took the images. I know that Dave was aware, in his own words, that 'Drew did it'. This only invites more unanswered questions. I want a straight answer and straight retractions for all of his insinuations and accusations.

Btw, bambam is an one man show, Dave is Bambam.

I know. Which doesn't explain all of the 'guys' that he's mentioned that are at fault for everything that happened. He keeps blaming and explaining through the use of his 'guys'. What guys?

bambamproductions said:
I found it after I had sent first stuff to man and had sent it to two other shops for qoutes not that long ago.
Summer I guess I was working off of the Ron cobb stuff and the drawings lou had then the clay model pic like an old poloroid in his tool box a few years back.We found the drawings on a lark .
I think someone sent me the pic from goggle.

'I found it...'

'WE found the drawings...'

"I think SOMEONE sent me the pic...'

Lou? Jay? His 'guy' from Arkansas? His 'guy' that was supposed to get our permission?

Last edited:
Ray, shouldnt you have some castings ready?
Yes I do Kostas :) I'm cleaning them up so they look pretty lol haven't forgot about you my friend have to pick up my shipping stuff tomorrow boxes, bubble wrap and all that stuff also have to pick up more Resin wish I had a friend at the resin factory or a relative :lol.

Wow Yellowjacket, after reading the whole thing it seems like this Davis guy tried to use
reverse psychology on you by saying we didn't steal anything and stop calling or harrasing my family, my vendors and my customers. If he didn't ask permission in the first place he stole it, and for that "guy" he told to contact you and your brother lets just say he doesn't exisist its human nature for people to lie when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. I believe if they never saw your 3-d image in the 1st place they would have never made it. I like how he down plays it to a small "Garage kit business" No! I'm a small garage kit business, crap I don't even have a garage Lol! I work out of my studio apt, I don't have people working for me or 3-d printers. The point is this guy was wrong and acts like he did nothing wrong, I bet a lawyer would see it differently I would consult one just for the heck of it maybe that would change his playground tone and believe me after a few messages from a lawyer I think he would answer his phone but anyways good luck on whatever you decide, and I for one would boycott buying this model as anyone else should who reads this story.

My intention is not to secure a lawyer. I don't want to look like the guy who 'got a lawyer'. I would rather have Dave come clean.

As for the phone, I'm sure he'd take my calls. I just can't tolerate being treated that way again.

My intention is not to secure a lawyer. I don't want to look like the guy who 'got a lawyer'. I would rather have Dave come clean.

As for the phone, I'm sure he'd take my calls. I just can't tolerate being treated that way again.
Hey I agree and it seems like your a resonable guy no one likes to be talked to in an off way especially when the person who is doing it is in the wrong, just don't let this deter you from future projects take care,
Ray.

Thought you all might be interested in this string over in Armorama:

Armorama :: atv from JJ model kits

The OP mistitled the string, but if you read through it you'll see a discussion of BamBam's "products" and their business ethics. Unimpressive to say the least. I had been thinking about buying the Razorback kit but after all this I'm going to stay far, far away.

Anyways, Yellow Jacket, if you do think about going to court looks like you could get a class-action lawsuit together. :lol

Cheers,

Daniel

Andrew and I are working on three separate film projects at the moment, with one of them slated specifically for charity, so thinking about 'Dave' just gets in the way. I'd rather focus on the charity then the unpleasant possibilities of BamBam.

Had I done this project myself (as a completed model) I would have first contacted Ron Cobb. Any project based on his work should start and finish with him.

Dave has skipped Ron and Andrew and moved right on to profit.

Also, if the soldiers in these pics are intended for correct scale, it appears that the size is off. Either the figures are too tall or the apc is too small. According to Ron Cobb's original concept scale, the APC is over 11 feet tall.

apcconceptart1.jpg

The new photos on BamBam's site...

WildBoar1.jpg

WildBoar2.jpg

WildBoar3.jpg

December of 2012: Starshipmodeler removes the thread announcing the BamBam release of the Razorback. No explanation is given.

Last edited:
That´s a very, very sad story here and I´m truly sorry about it.

But worst part is, that the model of Bamelbamel looks like ****. What a crap work LOL! And that morons can´t even scale right. Total wieners.

I just received a forwarded email from Modeler Magic, so thank you to the person watching the net and my back on this old, almost forgotten issue.

"Hi John.

We were unaware of this issue. Had Modeler Magic known of it being another’s project design, we certainly would have gotten BamBam Productions to get that person’s approval in whatever deal they would make before we had shown it. After reading the RPF post link you sent me, I am aware it is another’s design that was utilized, and that permission of image and design use should be achieved. Thus we have removed the violating content form out Modeler Magic pages until the dispute is remedied.

I seem to a small remnant memory of another vendor having some APC design ownership questions we had removed as well. I wonder if they are related designs? Since we eliminate the data, I cannot state for sure and my memory has been more challenged as I gain in years. Hmmmmm

BamBam is being included in on this response so they may know what has transpired. Also, it should be known that should the two parties involved in the dispute regarding ownership of this design should ever come to an agreement allowing it top be shown, that we will have no issue with showing this again.

In an already questionable art form in the legalities of “image” and “works”, we try to keep above the legal waters with proper permissions.

Thank you for your participation in Modeler Magic.

Be Well!

Kurt Kuhn
Kuhn Global Incorporated
Modeler's Miniatures & Magic"

I just checked on Modeler Magic, and the Razorback is indeed removed from their reviews and listings. Yay! Small victory!

Just to echo an earlier post, I like it better than the movie version too, looks great !!

Phil

Thank you, Phil.

And for those of you watching at home, this was also forwarded to me. I know I should be mad about this response from Dave at BamBam, but it just made me laugh. I started giggling and couldn't stop. Dave's response to the people at Modeler Magic...

"What?
This is not stolen we made and grew the 3d pattern this nut called it razorback he and his brother do not own a design we did we grew the pattern and 3d copy hommie is just a nut "

EDIT: The forwarded emails are coming from the guy that pointed out the issue to Kurt at Modeler Magic, not from Kurt himself.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back