New Constantine Brass Knuckles Available

One way around this would be to permanently mount the knuckles in a display so they could not be removed or worn such as on a dummy hand or possibly attached to the rock base the shotgun replica comes on. Then as part of a sculpture it would not be illegal.

Also interestingly enough and a possible argument for defense, (although not a good one), the movie was made in 2005 and filmed in California. And after 2002 all forms of knuckles, plastic, resin, metal were illegal in California so technically it was illegal for them to own or use them in the movie.

One way around this would be to permanently mount the knuckles in a display so they could not be removed or worn such as on a dummy hand or possibly attached to the rock base the shotgun replica comes on. Then as part of a sculpture it would not be illegal.

Also interestingly enough and a possible argument for defense, (although not a good one), the movie was made in 2005 and filmed in California. And after 2002 all forms of knuckles, plastic, resin, metal were illegal in California so technically it was illegal for them to own or use them in the movie.

Sorry to BUrst your bubble. But I discussed this at length with the prosecuting attorney here inMichigan. There is no way to render knuckles"unusable" they cant have holes in them period. Dont try to skirt the issue or justify it.
Its not worth it in any way shape or form unless you love wrestling with the legal system, spending lots of money and meeting new friends in a place you dont want to be.
Go for it but be forewarned. You WILL lose.

My bubble is not burst, hell I live in Sin City, they give them away with the Happy Meals here. The key to my sentence was permanently attached, which means you couldn't wear them or put them on in any way, shape or form.

hell I live in Sin City, they give them away with the Happy Meals here

You might want to review your laws NRS 202.350

First offense is a gross misdemeanor, second offense is a felony!

Hell, make them out of hyperfirm rubber. Problem solved.

Hardly that easy as many jurisdictions have added 'plastic' or 'other material' to the laws...

As someone who has a friend that is currently and actively defending himself for this exact issues, trust me the whole pulling a rabbit out of a hat loophole doesn't work in the real world 99% of the time and if it does it cost $1000s to get there...

Come on, really, you do realize that was a joke. Geez.

As far as reviewing goes you might want to read it again yourself....

NRS 202.350 is about concealed weapons, carrying, etc. and the part it mentions knuckles is in relation to them being made part of a belt buckle ie concealing them. As I said before they are illegal to carry everywhere unless your state allows it with a concealed weapon permit.

Last edited:

NRS 202.350 is about concealed weapons, carrying, etc. and the part it mentions knuckles is in relation to them being made part of a belt buckle ie concealing them. As I said before they are illegal to carry everywhere unless your state allows it with a concealed weapon permit.

You should re-read. The knife on a belt buckle and knuckles are seperate issues.

" (a) Manufacture or cause to be manufactured, or import into the State, or keep, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend or possess any knife which is made an integral part of a belt buckle or any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a switchblade knife, blackjack, slungshot, billy, sand-club, sandbag or metal knuckles:"

Actually you might want to take your own advice as Gordon Gekko, has pointed out...

The law is about dangerous weapons AND concealed weapons...

It has a few 'or' s in there, "any knife which is made an integral part of a belt buckle OR any instrument OR weapon of the kind..."

NRS 202.350 Manufacture, importation, possession or use of dangerous weapon or.........
(a) Manufacture or cause to be manufactured, or import into the State, or keep, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend or possess any knife which is made an integral part of a belt buckle or any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a switchblade knife, blackjack, slungshot, billy, sand-club, sandbag or metal knuckles:
It clearly makes possession alone illegal,and mentions nothing about concealed carry in said clause, the whole belt buckle clause is in a previous 'or' not part of the metal knuckles clause...

Last edited:
Its amazing that I own/carry a handgun with a permit but cannot display a hunk of metal in my office. Its just kinda silly.

Its amazing that I own/carry a handgun with a permit but cannot display a hunk of metal in my office. Its just kinda silly.

I totally agree! But, the law is the law sadly and regardless of how silly you or I feel the law is, it can and does bring down an avalanche of legal and financial hassle if the issue arises... Just look at NV law, a felony on 2nd offense, that will effect you for the rest of your life , strip some of your civil liberties and be a permanent black mark on your record automatically excluding you from several occupations and can limit your ability to travel Internationally... That's a lot of pain for displaying a piece of metal...

The first part, the darkened part is the topic while all the lightened text is the details when reading law, otherwise it is taken out of context .

NRS 202.265 Makes it illegal to have metal knuckles in or around a school or child care. Now if they were illegal everywhere this wouldn't need to be specifically said.

Also why the punishment is so steep, because it is about concealed weapons.

They all say "metal" knuckles so resin or plastic would still be ok.

Either way, I'm not here to argue with you. I was making a joke about the frickin' happy meals for cryin' out loud cuz you know it was funny!

Yep defiantly not worth it. The law is the law and we have to respect it. I just hope someday I never run into a ninja with brass knuckles, throwing stars, and switch blades. I will instantly drop my gun accepting defeat lol.

The first part, the darkened part is the topic while all the lightened text is the details when reading law, otherwise it is taken out of context .

And your point? I'm WELL versed in reading legal code and laws... Here is the 'darkened' part you refer to that I quoted from...

NRS 202.350 Manufacture, importation, possession or use of dangerous weapon
And then it goes on to define those dangerous weapons, that include metal knuckles, as has been quoted and referenced...

NRS 202.265 Makes it illegal to have metal knuckles in or around a school or child care.
Yeah, it sure does but that isn't the law I referenced or that I have been quoting, read the code I referenced and have quoted NRS 202.350 the code that makes them illegal to posses state wide...

Also why the punishment is so steep, because it is about concealed weapons.
The code and punishment I referenced is about the "Manufacture or cause to be manufactured, or import into the State, or keep, offer or expose for sale, or give, lend or possess" It has nothing to do with the concealed clause, mere possession is a crime under the clause I quoted... Concealed is even a greater crime!

If you are charged under the 'concealed' clause (d) of the referenced code (NRS 202.350) forget about the misdemeanor charge it's instantly a class C felony, or MINIMUM 1 year in jail up to 5 years, and a $10,000 fine!

They all say "metal" knuckles so resin or plastic would still be ok.
Not true, many laws have in fact have been revised to specifically include plastic, wood and/or composites or knuckle like objects...

Also you have to read laws carefully, as the Nevada code does not actually state they need to be made of metal, if you read it very carefully it says "any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a switchblade knife, blackjack, slungshot, billy, sand-club, sandbag or metal knuckles;"

That highlighted part is VERY important, as it puts a big blanket coverage clause into the code, that being "any......commonly known as" and that is a very important clause... It doesn't define what any of those outlawed weapons are to be composed of, it's only using the name as a commonly accepted definition or description of the weapons covered... I'll bet 99.9% of the people you asked would "commonly" refer to them as "metal knuckles" or "brass knuckles" regardless of their metallurgy or other composition, thus even a plastic version in all likely hood and certainly is covered under said clause...

But, hey it your life, freedom and money on the line if you want to play games, just don't expect any sympathy from me if you get burned beyond the "I told you so..."

You can't take just part of a sentence and use it as a quote as it takes it out of context.

You have to put the rest of the sentence with 202.350, not just the first half.
And the subsection (1) you refer to is in 202.350 so everything including the (1) about the manufacture distribute etc refers to silenced, concealed deadly weapons.

I quote the other law 202.265 because if they were illegal statewide why then do they mention them specifically there? If they are illegal everywhere there is no reason for this law. It would be redundant.

And if they are illegal then how come they sell them here? Wouldn't the store owners be arrested.

You want to make something out of a joke but won't comment on the joke part or on the fact that I was trying to give useful information to the forum in my earlier posts. Including states where it is illegal, check your local laws and that if it is part of a sculptural display and can't be removed or worn it can't be considered illegal because sculpture is covered under freedom of expression. It seems you like to take a lot of thing out of context.

I was giving general advice to the whole not singling anyone out or saying anyone was wrong. You instead single me out, if you disagree with what I said that can easily be said without making it personal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's crap like this that makes the forum bad. Personally I think the knuckles look crappy and wouldn't want a set but what turns me off more is the ever increasing unfriendly behavior.

I was giving general advice to the whole not singling anyone out or saying anyone was wrong. You instead single me out, if you disagree with what I said that can easily be said without making it personal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's crap like this that makes the forum bad. Personally I think the knuckles look crappy and wouldn't want a set but what turns me off more is the ever increasing unfriendly behavior.

In Exoray's defense, not that he needs it, I don' think he's singling YOU out, he's focused on pointing out that the things you are claiming as fact are indeed not fact. If anyone else was doing the same thing, I'm sure his focus would shift to them also.

The danger here, IMHO, is that someone less knowledgeable about the law reads your posts and thinks "oh, so as long as I tell the police that it's a paperweight, its ok for me to own those. Good, I'll order three."

Exoray is simply protecting the flock, which is often necessary when urban legend and forum lore starts to appear as if it's the law, or the truth. (Kinda like the whole "if I change an item 22%, it is not considered copyright infringement" fallacy.) If people start to believe that they can purchase items that are illegal, they are setting themselves up for problems, and quite possibly this forum could be held partly accountable for it.

Punchline: it's not you, it's the stuff you're saying that isn't quite accurate.

I never stated anything as fact, what I said was you should check your local laws because they change and my list is in no way official. No one needs protecting if they actually read what I wrote.

Also I never said the paperweight route worked. It wouldn't. I gave suggestions on how to make it non usable or wearable, the only way to make it anywhere near safe.

The statement which exoray quoted me on to start this was "hell I live in Sin City, they give them away with the Happy Meals here." which was obviously a joke. And which I have stated over and over was a joke but seems to continue to be ignored or taken out of context. There was no need to say anything but if people are coming here to buy Happy Meals and expecting a pair of knuckle dusters, I'm sorry to have misled you.

Last edited:
1 The happy meals statement is what was quoted and used as the catalyst. I have never mentioned Nevada.
2 I do disagree with his interpretation of the law and cited 2 other laws to back up my interpretation.
3 I was talking about them being sold in retail setting not on the street corner.
4 I TOLD PEOPLE TO CHECK FOR THEMSELVES AND MY STATEMENTS WERE NOT OFFICIAL!
5 Since you are all apparently law experts and Nevada residents I will refer everyone to #4

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back