Terminator: Genisys

Jai Courtney was unwatchable in that Die Hard movie - I even get a kick out of Live Free or Die Hard but was driven to turn his installment off after fifteen minutes - and he doesn't fit the look or physicality of Michael Biehn's Kyle Reese at all.

John Connor looks like Mathew Perry, now that would have been an interesting casting choice, instead of future John being all dark and brooding all the time, he is constantly wisecracking as a defence mechanism.

I normally preach patience and shun the immediate disdain that the internet spontaneously vomits, but in this case...
what the hell man. Seriously? It's like they're trying to **** it up.
After T2 this series has gotten worse at a geometric rate. Someone put a fork in it already.

the dr who guy looks like an anorexic dolph lungren with bad hair coloring. next he will say "I must break you" with the terminator theme playing in the background. I just vomited in my mouth alil oh god no.... here it comes....excuse me for a min........:sick

966508910799323056.gif

I would have bought a T-800 being sent back and hanging around for one reason or another since they can age externally but this is a massive change to the franchise. What's worse is it seems Jim Cameron is okay with it and even has been talking to the people in charge.

I've been lucky to hear some inside info about it, and I'll say this, I have cautious optimism about this. This is a total reboot of the series, not a sequel. It has a LOT of potential.

Technically it's can't be considered a hard reboot since there will be actual footage from the first movie. They mentioned the term reset, but again that sometimes falls into the realms of reboot.

One thing which is certain is that certain events of T1 is canon in this movie, but the turn of events from this movie's story will likely erase those T1 moments entirely or the timeline is altered resulting in the certain follow up moments from T1 to be different.

You're right, that's more like how they are going to show it. T1 scenes are still canon that way. But now I wonder are they setting the movie in the 80s or modern day? If modern, then it feels more like a reboot. Grrrr...forget it.

I was willing to accept that a grown old T-800 is sent back in time, but this whole T-800 raising Sarah really threw me off.

Again lot of creative ideas sometimes seem dumb and ridiculous when described in couple of sentences, the actual execution makes all the difference. Need to wait and watch.

I'm a big fan of the theory that if it is possible to travel back in time doing so will create an alternate timeline so that while this movie happens so does the original movie they just diverge in a spot. The entire T800 raising Sarah sadly reminds me of the parts of T2 I hate: all the Ed Furlong parts lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back