Terminator: Genisys

re: Terminator 5 (Reboot)

Not sure how I feel about this. I'd almost prefer a direct sequel to Salvation with better writers and a better director

Arnie turning to his cash cow after that other side career no doubt.

I want the future war as shown in T1 and described by Reese.
I don't see how Arnold can contribute much anymore unless they pull
a Tron Legacy number or he plays a human.

Last edited:

I agree I want to see the future war. Actually they should get him and Michael Biehn back for this and keep that McG dork away from the film. He can go make another Charlie's Angels movie. The CGI Arnie from Salvation wasn't bad, looked better than the Tron Legacy stuff. He could always play Sgt Candy in the future war lol.

Salvation was more of a "John Connor, Leader of the Resistance" Origins, no? It shoulda started in the middle of the war, having about 15 minutes showing the bombs drop, years of humans being eradicated, the rise of Skynet, John doing a voice-over and catching us up to about 2020 or so. Then showing Skynet using rubber skinned machines and showing Skynet working on the Time machine. If it had that much, I wouldn't care wat they did in the next one.

Oh yea. And have Lou "Hulk" terminators too haha

The CGI Arnie from Salvation wasn't bad, looked better than the Tron Legacy stuff.

Dont believe the hype, that was Roland Kickinger with some terrible CGI Arnold face replacement for publicity. By doing this, they were able to attach the Arnold name to its release. It wasnt needed in any way as Roland got into the shape of his life. The production seems to have done everything possible to keep his unaltered image from the film and behind the scenes out of public view. This included cutting T800 "Arnold" scenes down to a minimum. There are snips of some scenes, minus his face, online such as when he rips the T600 arm off and picks the gun up from the ground and even some not shown with future technology and Endo rifles. If you ever meet Roland, ask him. The guy got duped and swept under the rug. Id be shocked if he stepped back in for T5 unless its the chance to actually work with Arnold.

I liked salvation, for the most part. this sounds interesting.

rise of the machines was garbage.

I watched all 3 before watching Salvation. My bro's were totally lost and i had to explain it to em, not in the theaters but a downloaded version

Isn't Arnie getting a little long in the tooth for this? They're gonna have to fill in his wrinkles with a trowel.

I knew this was gonna happen and I don't know.

This will either revive or kill the franchise

A while ago I thought this might happen and came up with an idea for it; Set a number of years prior to the events of Terminator Salvation. Arnie plays a human leader of the resistance - maybe the old captain of a rogue troop - who are on the front line of the ground battles against Skynet. Humanity is being obliterated. Lot's of battle sequences (capturing the vibe of the flashbacks in T1), a critical mission into the heart of skynet...

The upshot is, after a heroic battle, the troop are wiped out and ultimately Arnie's character is captured and used as a genetic donor to create the flesh elements of new line of Terminators...leading back to the first film. Closing shot, a warehouse full of classic Arnie T-800's.

The producers can make the cheque payable to me, thanks.

I expect a LOT of low lighting for this one... :unsure

They would have to keep it to one 40 watt light bulb.

Seriously haven't they done enough damage to this franchise already? It has gotten so far away from the simple yet compelling concept of the first movie and gone way off track.

Yeah, he doesn't exactly look fresh out of the mold.

Salvation was screwed up because of the split focus. Christian Bale as John Connor, and some other guy as some other guy. Who cares? Why give him screen time? The movie could have been made without that character.

At least Arnold has pretty good screen sense. He knows a good script and won't be bullied by directors.

Well, it would be nice to have Arnold back in the series. But I doubt he would work as a Terminator. Have him be a human resistance fighter or something. Hell... maybe someone John Connor even looks up to, because of his past experiences... then when you go back to watch the first movie... you'll get the tragic sense of irony.

However, would prefer the franchise came back to James Cameron before it is further destroyed all to hell.

Yeah a lot of people are thinking the same way.

Who knew Dutch from predator would be Sky-Nets model to wipe out humanity :p

Well, it would be nice to have Arnold back in the series. But I doubt he would work as a Terminator. Have him be a human resistance fighter or something. Hell... maybe someone John Connor even looks up to, because of his past experiences... then when you go back to watch the first movie... you'll get the tragic sense of irony.

Yeah a lot of people are thinking the same way.

Who knew Dutch from predator would be Sky-Nets model to wipe out humanity :p
Well... why not!?

But honestly... no. There is no one skilled enough to make such a cross-over. It will fall flat like the AvP films.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back