Terminator: Genisys

Re: Terminator: Genesis

So you are telling me in all the time Sarah raised John, she never once mentioned the names of her parents?

Besides, with all the messing around of the various timelines, there is probably more information available to the resistance now, after all its only the good one gets there early, the bad one still turns up when he was supposed to, just before John was conceived.

So you are telling me in all the time Sarah raised John, she never once mentioned the names of her parents?

Besides, with all the messing around of the various timelines, there is probably more information available to the resistance now, after all its only the good one gets there early, the bad one still turns up when he was supposed to, just before John was conceived.

She probably did to John and probably to the guys she hooked up with. But, Reese stated in the first film that Skynet had no information on Sarah Connor (I think the reason was that it got destroyed during the initial attacks on humanity or something), and that all they had was her name. They didn't have a physical description, or information of who she was and where she came from, which is why the Terminator was targeting women named "Sarah Connor" in the first film: it was being systematic and it was the only thing Skynet knew about her.

There's a good chance John didn't tell the resistance about who his grandparents were to make sure that Skynet never knew. In fact, the only reason why Reese was sure that Sarah Connor was the one he was looking for was because John gave him her photo.

The bad Terminators only have info from Skynet, thus 1985 onwards. Good Terminator has info from John Connor, so it could recognize her earlier. I think that checks out.

The Terminator timeline has been screwed around with so many times, that I'm not too concerned either way. Things change.

That doesn't make any sense. In T1, didn't Reese explain that Skynet has no information on Sarah Connor in her early years? I remember that's the reason why it sent the Terminator to 1985 and not further back (because it knew nothing about her past, including the name of her mother and father, where she grew up, etc), as they only had John Conner's age in the future (which wouldn't be hard to figure out the year he was born and the year of his conception, and her name.

The Skynet isn't very clever. Why wouldn't they just pull a Bill & Ted. At the point when the first Terminator finds Sarah Connor's mother (before killing her), it could have extracted whatever information it needed then gone into a hybernation mode somewhere until it could come back online in the future with that information, go back to the time displacement equipment and go further back in time. I figured this out in <1 minute. Are you telling me a self-aware super computer couldn't figure this out?

This is one of many reasons why time travel movies are so easy to shoot holes in.

Last edited:

The Skynet isn't very clever. Why wouldn't they just pull a Bill & Ted. At the point when the first Terminator finds Sarah Connor's mother (before killing her), it could have extracted whatever information it needed then gone into a hybernation mode somewhere until it could come back online in the future with that information, go back to the time displacement equipment and go further back in time. I figured this out in <1 minute. Ar eyou telling me a sel-aware super computer couldn't figure this out?

This is one of many reasons why time travel movies are so easy to shoot holes in.

To quote Arne, "it doesn't work like that" :p

To quote MST3K "it's just a movie, you should really just relax."

Not the best example since it was talking about the show itself and not the movies they watched. Our band of riffers are anything but relaxed when they're forced to watch bad movies. Remember rock climbing?

They need to quit closing the streets here in SF to film...major headache! We had The Rock and Arnold in town within the span of like 2 weeks...at least filmmaking is coming back to SF I guess.

They need to quit closing the streets here in SF to film...major headache! We had The Rock and Arnold in town within the span of like 2 weeks...at least filmmaking is coming back to SF I guess.

Yeah Pittsburgh was a total mess when they were filming that last Batman movie, the businesses loved the money it brought in but the workers trying to get to work wanted them gone. What's with that idiotic spelling of the title they did now? It's like it was decided by the people who changed the name of the scifi channel to look hip.

Really, all the things you're telling here, makes me feel pretty indifferent and unengaged towards the reboot of the reboot of the reboot… (What?!?) - anyway, sounds soo screwed that I don't care for it anymore. T1, T2, TSCC. Period.

I'm thinking the title is supposed to be a mash-up of genesis and system, like the name of a tech company trying to be clever. It will probably make more sense once we actually see the movie, like it it will be revealed that the top secret code name for Skynet (which is a mash-up itself) was Genisys.

In my mind, I picture MULTIMEDIA presentations using COMPUTER ANIMATION by running a file from a 3x CD-ROM circa 1993. It'd be really impressive because it'd be in high resolution at 640x480 on a VGA card capable of displaying 256 colors!

Genisys! Think outside the box!

Really, all the things you're telling here, makes me feel pretty indifferent and unengaged towards the reboot of the reboot of the reboot… (What?!?) - anyway, sounds soo screwed that I don't care for it anymore. T1, T2, TSCC. Period.

What? No T2-3D? Hmm....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back