Terminator: Genisys

Except in Terminator: Salvation, it stated that the Skynet's HQ is in San Francisco, and John goes to San Francisco because that's where Skynet took Kyle Reese, back to their HQ.

TS is still part of the franchise and it does indeed exist in TG. That is indeed San Fransisco. Filming took place there for about a week.

Except in Terminator: Salvation, it stated that the Skynet's HQ is in San Francisco, and John goes to San Francisco because that's where Skynet took Kyle Reese, back to their HQ.

Love the logic. Skynet moving it's HQ from an underground facility deep beneath Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado, to a brightly lit skyscraper in San Francisco :facepalm

TS is still part of the franchise and it does indeed exist in TG. That is indeed San Fransisco. Filming took place there for about a week.

So, they're not keeping with continuity between films when it comes to the bridge, since John does ride across the Golden Gate to get into the city while heading to Skynet in TS if my memory serves me right.

These are not Cameron's Terminator movies anymore. This 2015 blockbuster filmmaking.

They probably picked the GG bridge for an action scene first and then wrote it into the storyline second.

Hmm.... I need to go back and listen more carefully I guess. :)

So, they're not keeping with continuity between films when it comes to the bridge, since John does ride across the Golden Gate to get into the city while heading to Skynet in TS if my memory serves me right.

I still don't remember the bridge. The part where he catches a mototerminator didn't really look like the GGB. It looked more like he was in the middle of the desert in New Mexico or Arizona. I would wager a bet that he could drive across SF bay since it looked like all of the water somehow evaporated after judgement day except for the convenient river/lake where they had an excuse to use those stupid hydrbots.

You know the best thing to clear it all up is to just ignor everything after Cameron's vision. It's easier that way. But I may be a hypocrite as I'm planing to embrace the new Star Wars trilogy. But I'm under the hope that Disney is wiser than the people involved in the later Terminator films. ;)

Hmm.... I need to go back and listen more carefully I guess. :)

I still don't remember the bridge. The part where he catches a mototerminator didn't really look like the GGB. It looked more like he was in the middle of the desert in New Mexico or Arizona. I would wager a bet that he could drive across SF bay since it looked like all of the water somehow evaporated after judgement day except for the convenient river/lake where they had an excuse to use those stupid hydrbots.

The capturing of the mototbrminator was in the desert. But as John approaches the Skynet HQ in San Francisco, I'm sure we see him riding the motorcycle across the GGB to get into San Francisco. I could be wrong though, it's been some time since I last remember seeing the film, but a part of me is certain that we see him ride across the bridge as he approaches San Francisco.

I dont understand? Its the same bridge, why wouldnt it be and what is the issue with it? TG takes place before TS. TG is a continuation with a reboot to the timeline. Mark my words, it may be the next movie where more TS ideas and unreleased cutting room floor stuff is rehased making John Connor Jr the savior.

I dont understand? Its the same bridge, why wouldnt it be and what is the issue with it? TG takes place before TS. TG is a continuation with a reboot to the timeline. Mark my words, it may be the next movie where more TS ideas and unreleased cutting room floor stuff is rehased making John Connor Jr the savior.

Well, if the GGB was destroyed from the nuclear blasts according to T:G, then that means there'd be no bridge for John to ride across in TS, if my memory of John using the bridge to get into San Francisco is correct.

You are letting the time travel elements of the series confuse you.

In the original history that lead up to TS the bridge was not destroyed, so John could ride over it, and in that history Sarah Connor was not raised from the age of 8 by a terminator, this is an entirely new timeline, and in this timeline bombs can fall where they did not fall before.

You are letting the time travel elements of the series confuse you.

In the original history that lead up to TS the bridge was not destroyed, so John could ride over it, and in that history Sarah Connor was not raised from the age of 8 by a terminator, this is an entirely new timeline, and in this timeline bombs can fall where they did not fall before.

So, the fact that a nuclear attack that destroys a bridge, no matter when it happens, is directly connected to if Sarah Connor was raised by a Terminator? That makes no sense, because Skynet controlled the launching of the nukes, and if Sarah lived, died, or was raised by a Terminator is no a factor in where the nukes go.

Now, if Sarah somehow blew up the bridge years after the nukes fell, after the events of TS, then I'd likely believe it.

Last edited:
So, the fact that a nuclear attack that destroys a bridge, no matter when it happens, is directly connected to if Sarah Connor was raised by a Terminator? That makes no sense, because Skynet controlled the launching of the nukes, and if Sarah lived, died, or was raised by a Terminator is no a factor in where the nukes go.

Now, if Sarah somehow blew up the bridge years after the nukes fell, after the events of TS, then I'd likely believe it.

I am not saying its because Sarah was brought up by a terminator, I am saying its a different timeline.

Every time they send a bad terminator back that one has all the knowledge of what happened in the future, and can return that knowledge to the younger version of skynet.

If John Connor was able to defeat skynet in the future by driving over a bridge, it makes sense that skynet would try and prevent that the next time around, the entire point of the terminator series from the very first one was skynet knowing it had lost in one timeline, and trying to create a new one where it wouldn't.

I am not saying its because Sarah was brought up by a terminator, I am saying its a different timeline.

Every time they send a bad terminator back that one has all the knowledge of what happened in the future, and can return that knowledge to the younger version of skynet.

If John Connor was able to defeat skynet in the future by driving over a bridge, it makes sense that skynet would try and prevent that the next time around, the entire point of the terminator series from the very first one was skynet knowing it had lost in one timeline, and trying to create a new one where it wouldn't.

:wacko uh no, just nope.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back