Terminator: Genisys

Some of you are really determined to hate this aren't you?

People have spent 60 pages saying the only good ones were the 1st two, then the director of those comes along and endorses it, and suddenly what he thinks is irrelevant now.

People have spent 60 pages saying the only good ones were the 1st two, then the director of those comes along and endorses it, and suddenly what he thinks is irrelevant now.

More than most I WANT this to be awesome and if it is you'll hear me cheer the loudest,trust me and you can hold me to that too. Nothing that has been shown so far has looked anything but lame. Cameron saying it's good gives me a glimmer of hope but after the last 2 turds I'm doubtful. At least in the 60 pages we have explained why it looks this way and have valid reasons why not just hating it because Cameron is not involved.

Ben

I get the feeling Cameron's main criteria for a good Terminator movie (these days) is that his longtime friend Arnold gets a good/big role. Several comments from him in the last decade are leaning that way IMO.

The James Cameron of the 21st century likes the idea of continuing to build whole movies around a retirement-aged Arnold rather than recast the role. I absolutely don't see the James Cameron of 1984-1991 feeling that way.

(Hey, there was a time when George Lucas argued that old films should be preserved in their original state without modern alterations. And that special effects are boring without an engaging story.)

I didn't say I was hating it. I'm saying I'm hesitant and I'm not getting my hopes up until I see it. And like I said, if it was James Cameron pre-Avatar, back when he actually had a good balance in storytelling and advancement in filmmaking technology, I would take him at his word about the film being good without a doubt.

That's all I'm saying in regards to myself.

The director of the first two films did not endorse Genisys. Cameron 1984/1991 is clearly not the same man he is today(just like everyone else).
Like someone else mentioned already, have you heard of George Lucas?

The series started out with a dark gritty threat of a nuclear war and a AI hell bent on exterminating the human race. After that we got a crappy spoof film, then a terrible Transformers-rip off in bright daylight. And now we seem to be getting a PG-13 mix of the previous two installments. What's not to hate???

http://io9.com/come-with-me-if-you-want-to-see-some-insane-terminator-1713085178

k0m5wbxv2qmlwyklreig.jpg

peh9cf3ch9lyfnofmfnl.jpg

1308569860876927380.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back